How do we fund our toys

Scaf

There is a current thread “ where do I go from here” that really resonates with me as I am at a cross roads in terms of “toy” cars.

I have been asking myself how people fund their toys.

Personally I have always funded in cash and owe nothing on any of my cars,
but the step up from the GTS is really a 100k gap that will need to be funded.

So generally, does it make sense to finance our dream cars or save and pay for them?

Jnismith

There is a current thread “ where do I go from here†that really resonates with me as I am at a cross roads in terms of “toy†cars.

I have been asking myself how people fund their toys.

Personally I have always funded in cash and owe nothing on any of my cars,
but the step up from the GTS is really a 100k gap that will need funding

So generally, does it make sense to finance our dream cars or save and pay for them?

Well when I do buy another Maser, I will pay cash, but that's the way I've always been, save up for something first. Interestingly, on the BMW forum I'm on, everyone discusses their car purchases in terms on the monthlies.

GeoffCapes

Cash for me. Same way I've always bought my cars, with the exception of buying a new Alfa of finance.

Never again. I ended up having to pay them to take the car back!

allandwf

Cash here, I always try to make a wee bit on each one over 2 to 3 years, then add slightly to it. It has worked for the last few years. :)

conaero

Forum Owner
Lease my daily through the business and generally always cash. I have been known in the past to finance up to sort of £10k but that was a few years ago when I sold the GTS for the office deposit and had to start my car 15 year old car fund from scratch again.

rockits

By working hard!

Always been cash except for an odd business commercial vehicle finance deal.

I'm old school so like paying cash & always being the right side of things should the proverbial hit than fan.

However I have been looking & entertaining the finance of a silly appreciating supercar idea recently.

When some cars have appreciated even more than some silly properties have you have to look. Do Ferrari take Bitcoin?!

iainw

By working hard!

Always been cash except for an odd business commercial vehicle finance deal.

I'm old school so like paying cash & always being the right side of things should the proverbial hit than fan.

However I have been looking & entertaining the finance of a silly appreciating supercar idea recently.

When some cars have appreciated even more than some silly properties have you have to look. Do Ferrari take Bitcoin?!

Funny you should say that- I have been discussing bitcoin with colleagues at work recently. A Ferrari purchased with bitcoin could be a good investment!

rockits

Could have bought a nice Fella from a 5 year $10 Bitcoin investment....mental. I don't get it. Ponzi scheme at best with plenty losing their shirts at some point surely.

The hack and theft of 52m this week won't be the last. It is bad enough with the corruption and immorality we have in the UK already with regulated & backed countries. What is going to happen to all this unregulated stuff....who knows...anything & everything. Why will the govts step in....easy...they won't!

Contigo

Sponsor
If you had invested $100 into bitcoin in 2010 it would be worth $72 million now.

Some say the value will got to $100,000 per bitcoin but at $15,000 now I'm not sure I would want to even test that theory.

rockits

I know...mental. Surely this is just creating hyper-inflation of the likes & levels we have never seen before. Where does this money keep coming from...oh year....idiots keep printing it!

Contigo

Sponsor
It is simple supply and demand with only 21 million bitcoins out there it can be likened to a really popular tech share like Apple having limited shares and lots of demand. The Market cap is increasing all the time as sentiment grows but no more bit coins are available so the share price or bit coin value increases.

rockits

Difference is Apple have assets, a business, customers, revenues & lots of tangible real things. Bitcoin has none of these and is backed by nothing.

I'm too old & too old school to get it. I'll let the youngsters make and lose their millions

rockits

I'm going to start a new crypto currency call blank A4 paper. Who wants to buy some sheets for $1000 each? It will be worth $15,000 soon so get in quick!

Scaf

Just a little thread drift, but hey ...... I have a little invested (if that's the right word) into Bitcoin but only as much as I am prepared to lose..... it may well help me plug the gap between a GTS and a DB11 and so long as the DB11 is not "virtual' I will be happy

alfatwo

Basically it means if you aint got any money in your back pocket except credit, you don't have any!

Dave

rockits

Just a little thread drift, but hey ...... I have a little invested (if that's the right word) into Bitcoin but only as much as I am prepared to lose..... it may well help me plug the gap between a GTS and a DB11 and so long as the DB11 is not "virtual' I will be happy
Good move if you got in early enough & just let it ride. It could certainly fund a DB11 soon enough.

I do prefer the new Vantage though over the DB11. I'm with Andy though & would still have an old Vantage V12 S over both.