Where do I go from here?

FF1078

Love the Strad but need to know where I go from here.
I like to do my homework on car buying so it'll take me 18 months to do that.
I've been looking at Ferrari California or 599 but they only seem to last 30,000k until they need refurbishing.
Brakes, ball joints and suspension.
Why would a marque like Fezza only make things that last a minimal amount of time?

Well because of this I wont be going that way so where do I go?
I love the Strad due to the carbon and use of CC brakes etc. and I dont think Maserati will make their next halo car in that spec. for quite some time
Cant stand Lambo's

Do you try Porsche RS?

Help please.

Nick

Scaf

I’m having exactly the same thought - did think of McLaren but hate the Lambo style doors - currently favouring the Aston DB11

JonW

Love the Strad but need to know where I go from here.
I like to do my homework on car buying so it'll take me 18 months to do that.
I've been looking at Ferrari California or 599 but they only seem to last 30,000k until they need refurbishing.
Brakes, ball joints and suspension.
Why would a marque like Fezza only make things that last a minimal amount of time?

Well because of this I wont be going that way so where do I go?
I love the Strad due to the carbon and use of CC brakes etc. and I dont think Maserati will make their next halo car in that spec. for quite some time
Cant stand Lambo's

Do you try Porsche RS?

Help please.

Nick

Depends a bit on what the budget is, and whether you’d be buying new or lightly used...

Assuming it would be a new / nearly new car, you only need two seats, and you have a budget that is close to / in excess of 6 figures, then I personally would probably be walking into an Aston, either a V12 Vantage S, DB11, or the brand new Vantage).

allandwf

I was just reading an article on bushes, bearings etc. on high performance cars, and short lifespan.

Contigo

Sponsor
DB11 has comedy looks to me and those whee arch vents would do my OCD in with the amount of **** collecting there.

Not all Lambos have scissor or weird doors!

Andyk

Another vote for Aston Vantage V12

Wasn't going to say anything as people are probably getting board of me harping on about Aston V12 Vantage......but wouldn't replace the Stradale for any other sports car...,Was at Aston Martin Bristol today and they have 3 V12 Vantage S and they still look amazing. That shape hasn't aged at all and they sound bloody amazing......They also had a stunning GT8 Vantage in China grey which I would have sold my granny for and behind that a rare GT12......Liz had to drag me out if there.....

outrun

I know what you mean Nick. Anywhere that is a step up from the Strad comes with expensive maintenance, potential for serious costs via depreciation and usually with some extra "look at me" which doesn't appeal to me. I often search the classifieds - as we all do - and always come back to the Strad being so good for the money. It's amazing to look at, sounds incredible, drives pretty well and is certainly exclusive. I'm yet to find any car that ticks those boxes in the same way.

That's why I'll keep mine!

I would love there be an Alfieri on the horizon that is below £100k, above 550bhp and looks like the concept. That's the only place I can see my money going. It's just a shame that i'll be 6 foot under by the time they make anything interesting.

That’s why I went the multi-car route as opposed to putting everything into 1 depreciating asset as I need 4 seats to replace the Strad. Evora 400 has been an amazing car and most lambos and Ferrari’s would not know which way I went on the B/C roads where I live. I know as it has happened more than once ;-)

Andyk

The Evora 400 is a cracking sports car....Driven the early Evora when it came out and that was a great car although felt like it needed a little more power which the S gave .... But the 400 is on a different level. The new cars are amazing but the only thing I can't get my head around is the pricing....They have gone into the big league price wise and to be honest the performance us there but they still don't feel like a 80/100k car.......I paid 34k for my Exige when it was new and I know the latest sat is a different animal but they are asking 99k for the latest all singing dancing Exige and you look inside and it ain't changed much since I had mine.....a performance is immense though.

FF1078

Would love a 458 but if they need sooooooooooooo much work after say 20 or 30,000 miles then it's a no no.
Aston just seem like old mans cars
Like the new vantage though but not the DB11, think they're ram.

iainw

Would love a 458 but if they need sooooooooooooo much work after say 20 or 30,000 miles then it's a no no.

Who told you they need so much work?
With free servicing for 7 years, a 2 year main dealer warranty and strong residuals, it’s a no brainer if you
Like what they are all about. Get a good inspection from a Ferrari indi (lots of good ones on here).
I can vouch for the Cali 30 if 4 seats are useful, I think they are good everyday cars. If it’s two doors then lots of options.
V12 Aston could be an itch. Agree re : lambos.

Ryandoc

Have to agree that Aston's seem to be fit Nick, for me personally I'm eye balling a 430 after the GT, I'll never buy a Porsche, no disrespect to them at all but just not for me. Well actually the only ‘Porsche' I would buy would be a singer

But if the more sporty Ferrari's and then lambo's aren't your thing kind of points to Aston? Suppose McLaren are more gentlemanly looking as far as pukka sports cars go also ?

Andyk

Nick
I have a drive in a V12 Vantage.....It may change your mind on the old man thing......

rd993

Ferrari FF? Or maybe given your sportsmaserati name you owned this before? I think they look really smart in the flesh - V12 engine too and they will probably start depreciating with a bit more gusto now it has been replaced.

Only real issue is the width which would be unmanageable in London...