Can someone talk me out of this?

Ewan

It's okay, if that's your thing. But it's too big, too slow, too wollowy and sounds naff. The ride height is all wrong at the back as well. Oh, and it's a diesel. Finally, in a few years time it'll be worth as little as most other diesel luxo barges, so plenty of depreciation yet to come as well.

So if you fancy a QP, get a real one - a GTS with a V8 petrol engine and proper suspension. Either pay £50k for a mk6 twin-turbo version, or about £35k for a mk5 4.7, or (and this the steal of the lot) have my mk5 4.2 for a pre-Christmas special of £20k. (It's not currently advertised and will be back up at about £23k when the spring comes, if I decide not to keep it).

A different one on Auto Trader.
https://www.clevelandcarslimited.co...82.748929989.1512420588-1188312884.1511691078

I went to see it today as there are not many in my neck of the woods and I was curious
I got in and it fired up 1st time. TPMS warning on the dash.
Engine sounded good.
Allegedly it had been taken in px a few days ago.
The interior was a pleasant brown to maroon colour and the dash was clean.
The rear floor was covered in sweet wrappers and other debris I do not wish to dwell on.
The garage was a porta cabin in a yard off a main road with other run of the mill cars stabled up.
The exterior looked - well, tired and was not really to my taste with the go faster stripe down the bonnet, black wheels and black nameplates etc.
The standing yard was bumpy and I was surprised at how close the front of the car was to the ground, but I have not inspected many of these cars so it may be normal.
The guy freely admitted he new nothing about the marque except it was fast.
I said my goodbyes and promised to think about it after he offered me a test drive.
Caveat something springs to mind. Such a shame really.

bigbob

A different one on Auto Trader.
https://www.clevelandcarslimited.co...82.748929989.1512420588-1188312884.1511691078

I went to see it today as there are not many in my neck of the woods and I was curious
I got in and it fired up 1st time. TPMS warning on the dash.
Engine sounded good.
Allegedly it had been taken in px a few days ago.
The interior was a pleasant brown to maroon colour and the dash was clean.
The rear floor was covered in sweet wrappers and other debris I do not wish to dwell on.
The garage was a porta cabin in a yard off a main road with other run of the mill cars stabled up.
The exterior looked - well, tired and was not really to my taste with the go faster stripe down the bonnet, black wheels and black nameplates etc.
The standing yard was bumpy and I was surprised at how close the front of the car was to the ground, but I have not inspected many of these cars so it may be normal.
The guy freely admitted he new nothing about the marque except it was fast.
I said my goodbyes and promised to think about it after he offered me a test drive.
Caveat something springs to mind. Such a shame really.

No heated seats! Would stop me. Says its black so I presumed wrapped?

No heated seats! Would stop me. Says its black so I presumed wrapped?

Agree about the seats and I confess I did not read the add first and did not realise the colour was supposed to be black.
I did not think it was wrapped but I may be wrong here

MrMickS

If its to replace the Merc I'd look at a Ghibli diesel instead. The QP is huge with most of the extra space being in the rear. Its the same diesel engine in the Ghibli but less to lug around.

I now need to go and have a lie down because I've said something positive about a diesel Ghibli.

zagatoes30

I do think it is a prettier car than the Ghibli but it needs a V8 and it will continue to depreciate. Ewan's QP 5 sounds a steal even if it is blue !!!

GeoffCapes

FFS!
You drive an MC and you’re considering this??????
Put the bottle down, go back to bed.
All will be well.
Cheers Wattie

Don’t worry it wouldn’t be to replace the GTS.

I’ve just seen the new Merc CLS. Which I think looks awesome, especially as there will be a CLS 400 diesel with 340bhp.
So will have a look at one of them after Christmas.

outrun

Don’t worry it wouldn’t be to replace the GTS.

I’ve just seen the new Merc CLS. Which I think looks awesome, especially as there will be a CLS 400 diesel with 340bhp.
So will have a look at one of them after Christmas.

Guaranteed to lose 80% of your cash in 3 years though. Mercs plummet in value.

urquattrogus

Might as well buy a jeep Grand Cherokee and be done with it, same engine and infotainment.

Not the same as a QP but I drove a Diesel Ghibli and it was boring. zzzzzzzzzz