Soggy GranSport

FIFTY

This was shared on the SM Facebook page the other day... hope it's no one on here... what a shame, hydrolocked engine?

sionie1

You’d be gutted. My brother in law this on his way into work in Melbourne and messaged me. What’s sad is the number of FB warriors saying rich and stupid etc. Easy mistake to misjudge the water depth or make a split second choice that costs you dear I suppose...

BL330

Apart from the hydr locked motor, all the interior electrics would be shot.
So sad really.

Contigo

Sponsor
I'd put money on that when he first went into the underpass it was but a little puddle and with the nose pointing down it hydrolocked. It then sat there and the puddle grew much bigger....

davy83

Very sad to see one die like this, I would be gutted if I lost my car like this.

VMSRTI

You’d be gutted. My brother in law this on his way into work in Melbourne and messaged me. What’s sad is the number of FB warriors saying rich and stupid etc. Easy mistake to misjudge the water depth or make a split second choice that costs you dear I suppose...

One fb page has had 26.7k comments and 5.8k shares on this matter. Most are making derogatory comments (rich/stupid/insurance fraud etc) and many are experiencing joy based on what they have written. I wonder how much mileage the story would have received if it was a Mazda........

conaero

Forum Owner
Just goes to show what little the public understand about these cars and take pleasure dissing someone’s pride and joy.

spkennyuk

The other thing the FB people probably have not thought about is the pictures were taken after the event and probably several more hours and inches of rain will have fallen in the meantime.

It wouldnt take much water over the front spoiler before it would kill the engine given where the air intake is.

gt86driver

I'd put money on that when he first went into the underpass it was but a little puddle and with the nose pointing down it hydrolocked. It then sat there and the puddle grew much bigger....
Most likely.
He probably saw other cars pass without any trouble without knowing/recollection where the gs intake is.

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29 using Tapatalk

gt86driver

Poor guy lost his love & pride.

I don't know what's worst loosing your car or those FB Bastards.

Just like those people standing around taking a video of a helpless guy who's lambo is being jumped on.

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29 using Tapatalk

AlfaRomeoGTV6

One fb page has had 26.7k comments and 5.8k shares on this matter. Most are making derogatory comments (rich/stupid/insurance fraud etc) and many are experiencing joy based on what they have written. I wonder how much mileage the story would have received if it was a Mazda........

I agree if the car was a Mazda, there'd be zero commercial news coverage.

AlfaRomeoGTV6

Unfortunately Australian society suffers a dreadful ‘Tall Poppy’ syndrome. The commercial news media would delight in seeing a ‘Tall Poppy’ cut down to size.

Contigo

Sponsor
The other thing the FB people probably have not thought about is the pictures were taken after the event and probably several more hours and inches of rain will have fallen in the meantime.

It wouldnt take much water over the front spoiler before it would kill the engine given where the air intake is.

Did you even read my comment?

:D

VMSRTI

Unfortunately Australian society suffers a dreadful ‘Tall Poppy' syndrome. The commercial news media would delight in seeing a ‘Tall Poppy' cut down to size.

Spot on AlfaRomeo
commercial news media as well as the general public.

The comments are still flowing thick and fast on those fb pages even though it's now old news. One "lady" just piped up with "HA HA MALAKA" (greek for Wan***).

tcrote5516

After reading through some of the FB comments I have to say I was pleasantly surprised to find out I own a $200,000.00 car! I wasn't going to sell it but according to the auto experts on FB I shouldn't have any trouble selling it if I shave off a few grand and let it go $195,000.00. Mine's a 2002, PM me if your interested ;)