Thread: QP 4.7s Purge Valve and how to replace

Good evening all

I have had this annoying ticking sound on my QP since I bought it and is getting progressively louder, more so once the engine has warmed up.

It has been seen by HR Owen and diagnosed the Fuel Purge Valve solenoid that needs replacing - nothing major.

Would someone be kind enough to point me to a) The part number and b) is it an easy DIY job.

I did look on Eurospares but couldn't quite work out which bit!

Best
    Razz

SportsMaserati.com Moderator Contigo's Avatar
    Voicey is your man, never heard of that issue.
    Phil

"Una Maserati č una roba per pochi"

Current Fleet: 4.7 GTS MC Shift with Larini Sports Cats and ASBO H-pipe , 3200GTA, Mk1 Golf GTI 1.8 , Eunos Roadster, Audi A3 TQS Track (Tracy) Toy.
    Past Masters: 3200GT, Quattroporte DS, BMW E61 M5, Audi RS4 B5 Avant, Audi RS4 B7 , Lotus Elise S1, Celica GT-4, Eunos V-spec, Subaru Impreza Turbo 2000, Peugeot 205 GTI 1.6.

Your best best is to speak to HR Owen but I suspect they mean a valve in the fuel vapour system. I believe that the valve linked above is a part fitted only to Federal cars.

Hi Voicey

You are spot on - the valve that HR Owen identified runs from the fuel vapour (recirculation) lines back over the RHS and is clamped somewhere aft of the shock absorber - where it is clamped it sends a loud annoying tick which can be felt and heard quite a bit.

Many thanks
    Razz

ps sent you a pm on a separate note