DAB radio in 4200

philw696

If it hasn't got a Bee Sting aerial on the left hand rear guard it will be in the windscreen.

safrane

Antenna is in the front and rear screens on MY 2004 and newer. Earlier cars had a antenna on the NS rear wing.

Delmonte

From memory there is no aux input on the NIT, generally what you to do is connect another device that does have an aux input into the CD input. I used a loudlink with a memory card. You then create 6 directories on the memory card, assign one to the aux port and add music tracks to the other 5. Then when you select the CD with the aux port assigned you get access to the device in the aux port and when you select the other 5 you get access to the 5 directories of music.

I like the sound of this sort of thing, but I need DAB so I think the way to go would be the Pure Highway, which I recently put in the wife's car; it's a little boxed wired into the aux of the car stereo that gets you Bluetooth streaming, phone, also DAB controlled by a separate wireless device that you can put anywhere or use as a remote.

I take it what you mean is a similar thing, but connect a loud link to the CD changer input, is that what you mean? Does that interface ok with the existing car controls? I wouldn't be using anything like memory cards, I'm just wondering how the car controls would pick this up once wired? And where do you wire the loudlink device in? Is that somewhere in the centre console NIT thingy? Or did you put it in the boot?

Delmonte

I'm back on this again, sorry...
Zagatoes & catman. :are you both talking about disconnecting the CD changer from the NIT, and using the CD changer input? So on the dash interface you select CD changer and it picks up on whatever your device is playing?

OR: Do you mean connecting a device to the CD changer, so the changer thinks it is reading a CD? Then you just pick that particular CD using the changer controls, and bobs yer uncle?

Or have I got these wrong completely, and you aren't using the CD changer input at all, and are using the other in-car CD player (the one that houses the sat nav CD?

CatmanV2

I've no idea what Zag is talking about :) Im talking about disconnecting the changer and using the CD input, and selecting that on the dash

C

alfatwo

You don't need DAB anyway, as the beeb will still transmit in FM for years to come.. Forza my old school Becker Mexico!

Dave

Delmonte

I've no idea what Zag is talking about :) Im talking about disconnecting the changer and using the CD input, and selecting that on the dash

C

Thanks Catman thought that's what you meant.
Am wondering if it's possible to go down the other route? Keep the CD changer, but wire the device in BEFORE the changer, sort of fool the system into reading CD#1 when it's reading the Bluetooth /DAB device from the CD#1 channel... and keep the other CDs...
A bit of electric butchery on the CD changer should do the trick....?

CatmanV2

Yes, I guess a 'bit'

I've no idea how you'd wire it 'before' the change but if you wire it between the changer and the NIT with some kind of source switcher, it'd be good

C