KW Automotive Coilover VS Formula Dynamics Coilover for Grandcab

Milton

First Time Poster, so hopefully I don't muck this up :)
After a recent Service my Stealership advised I had an oil leak in my front right shock, and rear left shock.
As I have the skyhook suspension, a full set of front and rear OEM replacements including installation was quoted at $30K.
After I picked myself off the floor and did some research, the 2 options I have come across are the KW Automotive Coilovers which seems to be the prevalent product in Europe, and the Formula Dynamics product which is what is used in the good old USA. Both priced roughly the same at $8K for full set.
As far as my research goes I will have to import either product, so I was looking for some feedback on the Pro's and Con's of both.
Thanks.

Mr.Cambio

i think they are the same, despite both saying they are different. But i find them for 2500 euros, not 8000 usd. (4200)

davy83

IS there no-one who can refurbish the original shocks, they are usually serviceable? I dont know the skyhook system but the prices here seem a bit mad. The bilstein units on the 3200 can be rebuilt.

FIFTY

I think I read on the US forum that FD took the KW dhocks and applied a couple of minor improvements over the KWs plus made them sliver and red rather than purple and yellow so just take your pick really

Also skyhook shocks for the 4200 are £1k/each can't see the gran tourismo ones costing 10x that each from the dealership even though it's a newer model

So after various tariff and exhangetting rates they are 8k AUD? I'd go for which is cheapest as the differences are so minor as you pointed out one is to serve the European market and the other for the US