Maserati Bora up for auction

agooner

Not seen anyone mention this. Nice 1973 Bora in red, with under 30k on the clock

Auction is Dec 5th 19.00 in London. £160-190k, is that a good price?

www.coys.co.uk/cars/1973-maserati-bora

If they crossed a 0 off the price then I will bring the cheque book, May still go along to the sale.

Andy

conaero

Forum Owner
Balls, nearly bought one 5 years ago in lovely condition for £55k....kicking myself now!

Its was red and RHD...probably the one for sale here...

conaero

Forum Owner
The one with the deep front splitter Matt?

Yes, that was the one!

Down in Cornwall from memory. It was a bit chipped and nicked and would have benefitted from a respray...which would have snowballed into a full on resto no doubt!

agooner

Went to the auction last night, the Bora sold for £130k, that's £10,000 under lowest estimate in the published catalogue (£140k). It was a bit of a struggle once it reached £120k to add the next £10,000. Nice looking car.

A 1990 Lambo Countach Anniversary model with just 400 miles on the clock sold for £255k. Top seller was a 1931 8 litre Bentley Tourer for £700,000.

There were 48 cars in the sale (give or take with the withdrawals and late additions) and I reckon about 80 to 85% sold for below minimum estimate or failed to meet reserve price. None of the remaining sales broke the top estimate price.

zagatoes30

I reckon about 80 to 85% sold for below minimum estimate or failed to meet reserve price. None of the remaining sales broke the top estimate price.

Different league but similar to CCA auction at weekend, the majority of cars struggled to hit the lower estimate and very few went above estimate. End of year blues or classic market softening