Insurance time

RoaryRati

My other half has just added a Subaru WRX Sti to our fleet (x plated Subaru Imprezza sport, Honda s2000 and the spyder). I have the Imprezza and spyder are on a multi policy with Privilidge and because of the association Rob also gets a good deal with the s2000 and the house policy. Again Privilidge quoted a good deal on the additional Subaru but AIB was marginally better - we'll probably be moving across as the others come up for renewal.(interestingly the man at AIB had given many quotes for modified Subarus - this was his first for an unmodified one!!). So many thanks SM for letting us know about them.

montravia

I'll certainly be giving them a go. Premiums on all cars has risen extortionately since we moved, mainly I suspect based on only the first part of the postcode which lumps us into Cheltenham, which like most rural areas covers a large geographic area and lumping with part of Cheltenham is ridiculous and over 10 miles away.. Our nearest town is Stow on the Wold, hardly a crime hotpot, and our village has only 50 souls.

A more cogent and personalised assessment might bring it back to reality.

Thank for the heads up

GeoffCapes

My GT, and Merc were insured by A Plan last year, but the renewal was mega expensive for both, so I moved them to a multi car policy with Admiral that Alex's ML was insured with, and now all three are insured for less than a grand a year.

montravia

My GT, and Merc were insured by A Plan last year, but the renewal was mega expensive for both, so I moved them to a multi car policy with Admiral that Alex's ML was insured with, and now all three are insured for less than a grand a year.

Indeed, that's what I'd started doing, first with the GT and move across the others later

P R

Directline and privilege (same company?) dont recognise my car from its number plate. When I go via make/model year etc.. it still says model not recognised. Has anyone else insured a Ghibli with them?

MrMickS

Directline and privilege (same company?) dont recognise my car from its number plate. When I go via make/model year etc.. it still says model not recognised. Has anyone else insured a Ghibli with them?

No. I'll be starting to take a look next month so will be interested how you get on. I do have a few cars to insure so expect to spend a fair bit of time on the phone/Internet tracking down the best deal.

P R

No. I'll be starting to take a look next month so will be interested how you get on. I do have a few cars to insure so expect to spend a fair bit of time on the phone/Internet tracking down the best deal.

Theres a few that wont touch it. I am with Aviva but its ever increasing and so far LV has come in best at around £500 (I do 20k a year, 43, 3pts, full NCD). Thats protected aswell and includes European

EnzoMC

We have a new sponsor who is giving us very keen prices, give Darren a call at AIB Insurance and get them to quote:

02380 268 351

Darren AIB Insurance - darren@aib.co.uk

Darren ran Aplan Thatcham back in the day when we were all with them and he's keen to replicate that relationship.

Dont forget to mention this forum for your extra discount.

gave Darren a call who was great, very helpfull and provided an impressive quote - however its covered by someone I've not heard of Markerstudy. anyone with experience ?

for me its how these companies hand claims.

(reviews taken with a pinch of salt) did a roogle review and top hit was from uk trustpilot with lots of negitive feedback, a few other diffient forums with negiative feedback but on ombudsman complaints data they only have 69 open cases which seems good compared to others.

news: Qatar Reinsurance Company Limited to acquire Markerstudy Group Insurance companies subject to regulatory approval ?

A-Plan (hiscox) have been great, had a non-fault claim and both were great. uk trustpilot review on Hiscox also showed low score but not as bad as Markerstudy

conaero

Forum Owner
gave Darren a call who was great, very helpfull and provided an impressive quote - however its covered by someone I've not heard of Markerstudy. anyone with experience ?

for me its how these companies hand claims.

(reviews taken with a pinch of salt) did a roogle review and top hit was from uk trustpilot with lots of negitive feedback, a few other diffient forums with negiative feedback but on ombudsman complaints data they only have 69 open cases which seems good compared to others.

news: Qatar Reinsurance Company Limited to acquire Markerstudy Group Insurance companies subject to regulatory approval ?

A-Plan (hiscox) have been great, had a non-fault claim and both were great. uk trustpilot review on Hiscox also showed low score but not as bad as Markerstudy

I have forwarded your concerns to Darren at AIB and he will respond here shortly.

EnzoMC

thanks Matt - I'm happy to discuss with Darren direct. was more interested in what the forum experience is with markerstudy ?

jasst

Mines due , and after a discussion with Darren, he's come up with a deal, ok the premium is not the cheapest, but the excess is £300 as opposed to around the £850 mark with all the others, still undecided, but that is worth thinking about should the worst happen

alfatwo

I've just renewed with Aviva, the 3200GT and Fiat 500... £410 all in, I didn't think that was too bad

I tried the forums lot, but they couldn't be bothered to call me back!

Dave

TimR

I have 3 bikes and now a Maserati with Markerstudy...I am resigned to paying through the nose for insurance. I have to have it. I dont believe premiums are proportionate to the risk they are underwriting but realise they all pretty much sing from the same hymn sheet....!

D Walker

Got mine with AIB, the agreed value price was the same as others for market value, I guess the proof is in the pudding should I ever need to call on it, were good to deal with, all though the process was a bit of a pain with getting the agreed value “agreed”