Aston Martin Vantage released

D Walker

Indeed - tho I suspect that is a healthy price..

50p then ! It is indeed a machine I wouldn't mind wizzing about ii..

Agree with Adam regarding GTS seats, the GS seats I had in the 4200 were far more comfortable for long days in the car.

Dave

Andyk

50p then ! It is indeed a machine I wouldn't mind wizzing about ii..

Agree with Adam regarding GTS seats, the GS seats I had in the 4200 were far more comfortable for long days in the car.

Dave

I found the original GTS seats didn't hold me in place and needed more side bolster....But then I am a short **** so so one with a bigger build they may be better...a The face lift seats were much improved.

hashluck

Just stunning....Love the seat design in the Vanquish.

Actually I don't like most Vanquish interiors and seats as they can be a bit 'slabby' especially if perforated/cooled. These seats are lightweights (one of only 9 Vanquish world-wide fitted with these) so I was very pleased to find it.

hashluck

What do you think of it? Those seats are insanely comfortable. Also, did you test a Vantage and is there a big difference in ride comfort? And yes, I know you don't buy a Vantage for oppulent, luxuriant, cosseting comfort... but unless it can manage a trans-contentintal schlep with at least the same comfort as the GTS then I might need to re-think. For the record I don't think the GTS is massively comfortable. The ride's pretty good, but no so much the seats.

I previously had a Vantage V8S with the normal 'Sports' seats and Sport Suspension - this is the default for most V8 Vantage Coupes. If I were specifying that car again I would have gone lightweight seats and 'Comfort' suspension. The standard Sport suspension on the V8 is a bit harsh on UK roads though you get used to it. It is almost impossible to find a V8 Vantage fitted with the Comfort suspension (in Coupe form at least). There is no adaptive damping on the V8. The lightweight seats are far more comfortable than the standard seats (though they don't look it and it may depend on your build). All the above said I did several European jaunts in the Vantage with no issue.

My Vanquish has the lightweight seats and adaptive damping. It is extremely comfortable. I cannot speak to doing a long trip in a Vanquish with standard seats. Good luck finding a Vanquish with lightweights though! (and note if you do then you are restricted to a 2+0 configuration (actually more useful then so-called 2+2), no heated seats or seat airbags.)

If you are looking at a Vantage then the sweet spot has to be a V12 Vantage S with Lightweight seats. The V12 'S' has adaptive damping and is in this configuration is by far the most comfortable and easiest to live with Vantage. Extended test drive required to see if it suits over a GTS.

Of all the cars I have owned the most comfortable seats have been in a Volvo S60 T5 and my current Maserati Gransport. It is just a shame the GS spoils things with a rock-hard ride even in non-Sport mode!

StuartW

I found the original GTS seats didn't hold me in place and needed more side bolster....But then I am a short **** so so one with a bigger build they may be better...a The face lift seats were much improved.

Yes, I had the first generation seats in my GTS and now the facelift seats in the Stradale and they are a significant improvement

rossyl

Trouble is, nothing will ever sing as well as a Maserati and (although I'm biased) the GTS MC with an X pipe is just about perfect. It's successor's gonna need to be willing to be 'nailed from all angles', to steal Andy's expression (reminds me of an old girlfriend. The expression, that is, not Andy).

Factor in getting 200 cell Race Cats fitted. That changes the sound of a Vantage or any Aston. It sounds glorious. http://davidapplebyengineering.com/RSFV8.html

Granted the V8 in the Masser I think sounds better. But the margin is not that great.

Then there's all the other areas where the Aston excels...

Andyk

Seen a few used Vantage with David Appleby upgrades....Seems a decent place to go Along with Bamford Rose.

How are you enjoying your Vantage Rossellini....?

safrane

[\QUOTE] It is just a shame the GS spoils things with a rock-hard ride even in non-Sport mode![/QUOTE]

At last someone who has the same view as me!

rossyl

Seen a few used Vantage with David Appleby upgrades....Seems a decent place to go Along with Bamford Rose.

How are you enjoying your Vantage Rossellini....?

Dave Appleby runs two Aston Martin GT4 teams, one for the co-founder of Superdry.

Also, they help an owner run, a Vulcan!

So they are a great place.

Enjoying the Aston a lot...but considering an R8...wife's always wanted one.

Andyk

Dave Appleby runs two Aston Martin GT4 teams, one for the co-founder of Superdry.

Also, they help an owner run, a Vulcan!

So they are a great place.

Enjoying the Aston a lot...but considering an R8...wife's always wanted one.

Yes see he has had some success in racing. I know we're to go for all the I may need when I get one ..
... Also see he does so power upgrades and bits and pieces for the F Type as well....

Andyk

Too much for the V8 version. IMHO.
Would still much prefer a nice vanquish over it

Very different cars though Iain and very different driving experiences....Yes much more than the car it replaces but has the performance of the V12 Vantage which was 135k plus........You want a GT then the Vanquish or DB11 .... Want a sports car then the Vantage is the Sports car of the range.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
The outside is growing on me, but not the inside so much. I'm sure it's a lovely place to be, but in the same way that I think the GTS interior has aged amazingly well and feels pretty timeless, so I think the 'old' Vantage has a wonderful cabin. The new one just looks a bit too PlayStation. I may have a different view when I see one in the flesh, mind.

As for the thing which unites us all, a good sound: I like it very much. Sounds dirty.

DaveT

The outside is growing on me, but not the inside so much. I'm sure it's a lovely place to be, but in the same way that I think the GTS interior has aged amazingly well and feels pretty timeless, so I think the 'old' Vantage has a wonderful cabin. The new one just looks a bit too PlayStation. I may have a different view when I see one in the flesh, mind.

As for the thing which unites us all, a good sound: I like it very much. Sounds dirty.

Saw it on the stand at Geneva with my Aston fan mate.He was really disappointed with the looks. Particularly at the front which I agree looks plain ugly.

All eye of the beholder stuff and it may drive brilliantly. And no doubt it will sound great - always do.

Andyk

As said you may not like it but it was more about the review which for me puts this car right in the mix and shows what Aston can do. This is nothing like the last Vantage to drive and has really started to distinguish the range from GT's and sports car. This car begs to go on track yet does the road bit perfectly as well. That is something that lots of car makers do not get right with a bias to track or road. Great review for a British car and let's face it not much is Great these day in the UK. I saw one at DL and love the styling especially the rear and side view....Front yes will devide opinion......Its great to see Aston and McLaren now sticking it to the competition and from this little island.

Agree with Adam that the interior could have been a bit more stylish as its a bit German than Aston.....