Aston Martin Vantage released

iainw

In a good spec it will look epic... hints of the vanquish . But very expensive for what it is

D Walker

LMFAO

Post of the year Matt. 100% spot on analysis.
Had to look it up....
Meh (/mɛ/) is an interjection used as an expression of indifference or boredom. It is often regarded as a verbal equivalent of a shrug of the shoulders. The use of the term "meh" shows that the speaker is apathetic, uninterested, or indifferent to the question or subject at hand. It is occasionally used as an adjective, meaning something is mediocre or unremarkable.[1]

outrun

As I said, perfect response. That design and yet another Aston that is like other Astons invokes the same reaction in me.

Andyk

Don't agree ......... Yes it has design influences from the DB10 and Valkyrie but then that was to be expected. But it had to look like an Aston as that's their design language. Apart from maybe the window line I can see any other part that reminds me of the old car.....Personally replacing what for me was the best looking car on the road for the last 22 years was not going to be easy.....as I said the new car is not pretty like the old but I think they have nailed it as they have not just gave the old car a face lift and made it look athletic and fast even when just sat there......I can see that front end dividing opinion without a doubt.

outrun

As someone on another forum said, looks like the love child of an MX-5, Tesla and F-Type coupe. Only the F-Type is worth copying in my eyes. However, I do agree Andy that it's a very tough act to follow the previous car which is beautiful.

Andyk

I cant see anything other than Aston.... but I'm a huge fan so maybe blinded by the marque. Been enjoying myself on the configatator this afternoon.......loads of colours just wouldn't know which one to choose.

Needamaser

Interesting comments about the Aston looks.
I think it is stunning. Different to the previous model but clearly an Aston. The spec and colour will affect the look of the car. Like the bold colours.
Referencing the looks as similar to Jag amused me as virtually every trip out in the 4200 I was asked by someone admiring the car if it was a Jag.
At least Aston are producing new models. 7 between now and the next 3 years or so.
The after sales service and warranty from the Aston dealers is a model others should emulate. Friend of mine sold his V12 Vantage and looked at Audi R10, Macca, Lambo etc and says his biggest problem is knowing he wont get anything like the service he had with the Aston.

alfatwo

They've been pushing there luck ever since Merc and ZF have taken over there engine,drive train and electronics..

Lets face it there loosing money big time, as the few models they actually sold previously very just warranty nightmares!

Its just a ploy to get Aston Martin badged Merc engines into F1 :wink:

Dave

FIFTY

Back is nice front is so "meh" it ruins it

Agree with capes on the wings on the db11 what on earth were they thinking?

Perhaps this is all an effort to rid of the Ford design language from their range?

Andyk

Interesting comments about the Aston looks.
I think it is stunning. Different to the previous model but clearly an Aston. The spec and colour will affect the look of the car. Like the bold colours.
Referencing the looks as similar to Jag amused me as virtually every trip out in the 4200 I was asked by someone admiring the car if it was a Jag.
At least Aston are producing new models. 7 between now and the next 3 years or so.
The after sales service and warranty from the Aston dealers is a model others should emulate. Friend of mine sold his V12 Vantage and looked at Audi R10, Macca, Lambo etc and says his biggest problem is knowing he wont get anything like the service he had with the Aston.

Agree, and along with the cars the way you get treated by the dealership and network is 2nd to none.....Even just walking into an Aston dealership you are made to feel welcome and special. Not experienced the level of service with any other marque.

Originally I thought the 120k was just silly being 40k more than the outgoing model but there is a number of ways to look at it....yes it's no longer an 85k entry Aston and 911 rival.....disappointing......but then I when you see the price of a Ferrari 488 and the performance on offer it feels priced right. They have paced it against the very similar performing and priced McLaren 540c.

Last V12 Vantage.
Price £140k
0-60 3.9
Top speed 205

New Vantage
Price 120k
0-60 3.4
Top speed 195

Ferrari 488
Price £183
0-69 3.0
Top speed 200

McLaren 420C
Price £128k
0-60 3.4
Top speed 199

So when you look at the figures in isolation it seems to be priced pretty well right against the others....Yes I know these figures only tell part of the story and the drive will decide if Aston have nailed it. Interesting they talk about the 911 GT3 being its competitor performance wise which is moving it away from what the last Vantage was.

hashluck

Yep. Vantage is the pure sports car in the range and DB11 the GT - there is no real reason why these should be priced too differently, they are just targetting different markets.

Next up will the DB-S/Vanquish and will be very interesting to see where they pitch those.

alfatwo

Agree, and along with the cars the way you get treated by the dealership and network is 2nd to none.....Even just walking into an Aston dealership you are made to feel welcome and special. Not experienced the level of service with any other marque.

Originally I thought the 120k was just silly being 40k more than the outgoing model but there is a number of ways to look at it....yes it's no longer an 85k entry Aston and 911 rival.....disappointing......but then I when you see the price of a Ferrari 488 and the performance on offer it feels priced right. They have paced it against the very similar performing and priced McLaren 540c.

Last V12 Vantage.
Price £140k
0-60 3.9
Top speed 205

New Vantage
Price 120k
0-60 3.4
Top speed 195

Ferrari 488
Price £183
0-69 3.0
Top speed 200

McLaren 420C
Price £128k
0-60 3.4
Top speed 199

So when you look at the figures in isolation it seems to be priced pretty well right against the others....Yes I know these figures only tell part of the story and the drive will decide if Aston have nailed it. Interesting they talk about the 911 GT3 being its competitor performance wise which is moving it away from what the last Vantage was.

You must have a magic mirror Andy :roll_eyes:

Dave

Tipmethewink

Back is nice front is so "meh" it ruins it
Agreed. I think it looks great from the back but the front really doesn't do it for me at all especially the lump in the bonnet. It makes me think of a Corvette. That said, I didn't like the DB11 in almost every picture I saw of it but I quite like it in the flesh. As with the Maserati though, the noise has to be there too, the Vantage GTE car sounded a bit rubbish in the videos I've watched.

Friend of mine sold his V12 Vantage and looked at Audi R10, Macca, Lambo etc and says his biggest problem is knowing he wont get anything like the service he had with the Aston.
I'd like to know who his dealer was.

Swedish Paul

At least Ford haven't copied the front end. Yet.

I love the now deceased Vantage, but it's a shame having to double check in my mirrors if it's a Mondayooww or a Focus.

CatmanV2

At least Ford haven't copied the front end. Yet.

I love the now deceased Vantage, but it's a shame having to double check in my mirrors if it's a Mondayooww or a Focus.

I thought it was just me that thought Ford had nicked that.....

C