GTS MC Shift for sale

WaveyDavey

Hello all,
I've been lurking on this thread for a couple of days as I'd arranged to see Adam's old car today. Needless to say it was better than all expectations, and Richard was an absolute gentleman to deal with; I now have my first Maserati on the driveway. I don't think I will sleep much tonight.

Rest assured Adam, it's in good hands!

I've been quite a keen member of owners' forums before so I hope to get amongst this one in due course. Expect a 'hello, I'm a new owner' thread when I get the time between finding excuses to hear that glorious V8!

-Dave

rockits

Congrats Dave. I don't think you'll ever get tired of that noise. Great choice of purchase & I'm sure Adam will be very pleased it has gone to a good home.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
And you kept the x-pipe! Good decision, and an essential first-job-for-a-new-owner job off the list. Well done, Dave, and congratulations.

Do get involved here. When the warranty came to an end on my / your car it was the people on here that gave me the confidence to not worry about buying a new warranty. This forum is home to an enormous depth and breadth of talent and experience with these cars. Most issues have a good answer, many are easy DIY fixes and for the harder stuff there are a handful of great indies that handle jobs for the right price and better-than-MD standards of work.

Oh, it’s also a great forum with many fine events which are well worth attending.

WaveyDavey

Thanks for the kind welcomes. The X-pipe is essential in my mind, can't imagine not having it.

I'm fairly handy with a spanner - which hopefully won't prove necessary with this car too soon, but I'm sure this forum and its contributors will prove to be a valuable resource.

WaveyDavey

Ok, first question (and I know this isn't the right place, but since we're talking about this particular car...)

Alarm does a double beep on arming, and when I get in the display shows "Alarm unavailable". I tried a WE Master Reset (switching it off and on for those not in the navy i.e. dis/re-connected the battery) but no bananas. I'm hoping it's not a duff sensor - any other tricks to try?

Andyk

A big warm welcome Davey....Great GTS you have there.....I've you are ever driving past Chepstow give us a wave. Enjoy your new car.

Contigo

Sponsor
Welcome to the fold and well done on getting a quality car.

I've never heard or seen that message appear on the dash after unlocking the car so can't help. Speak to Dicky and or Autoshield, I'm sure they will help you out.

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
Ok, first question (and I know this isn't the right place, but since we're talking about this particular car...)

Alarm does a double beep on arming, and when I get in the display shows "Alarm unavailable". I tried a WE Master Reset (switching it off and on for those not in the navy i.e. dis/re-connected the battery) but no bananas. I'm hoping it's not a duff sensor - any other tricks to try?

I’m unsure as why this has happened, it locks and unlock spot on and no errors on the dash then. See how you go and let me know if it needs to be looked at.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member

That should have been fixed already. The issue is that the alarm motion sensor, which is built into the dome light unit in the front centre of the car, failed. Autoshield should have replaced the unit with a new one, which is about a 5 minute job and £600 for the unit. Chat to Richard. He's very aware of the issue because I flagged it to him before I sold the car and it was due to be fixed before he got it back from Autoshield.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
I’m unsure as why this has happened, it locks and unlock spot on and no errors on the dash then. See how you go and let me know if it needs to be looked at.

That should have been fixed already. The issue is that the alarm motion sensor, which is built into the dome light unit in the front centre of the car, failed. Autoshield should have replaced the unit with a new one, which is about a 5 minute job and £600 for the unit. Chat to Richard. He's very aware of the issue because I flagged it to him before I sold the car and it was due to be fixed before he got it back from Autoshield.

Exactly. The alarm works (other than the morion sensor), the doors lock - all good. The biggest annoyance is the warning sign, to be honest.

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
Exactly. The alarm works (other than the morion sensor), the doors lock - all good. The biggest annoyance is the warning sign, to be honest.

It had been reset at Autoshield and been faultless all week. It must require the sensor which I’ll order.

safrane

Welcome from another Bristol owner. May see you about...but do watch the pot holes and the aver speed camera at the bottom of the M32.

WaveyDavey

Well, that and the double beep on locking is a bit annoying. (Not sure why it needs to beep at all, to be honest...)

It's reassuring that the alarm still works though, was a bit nervous about leaving a relatively flash car about if the alarm wasn't functioning at all. A replacement sensor should be en route to me shortly.

WaveyDavey

Welcome from another Bristol owner. May see you about...but do watch the pot holes and the aver speed camera at the bottom of the M32.

Thanks very much - the pot holes have indeed been ridiculous the last few months. I expect passing another Maser whilst in the Maser will be a rare occasion but I will certainly wave if it happens!

safrane

It will be rare given the number of miles I do a year. We are up in Clifton Village and also just off the ring road near Pucklechurch...although about to move to the sticks in Gloucestershire by early summer.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Dave, if you spot a disheveled student in a fluorescent beanie waving at you like a lunatic, that'll be my eldest. He'll hear you coming from a mile away. If you happen to be anywhere near Cotham your risks of being waved at are a good bit higher.