GTS MC Shift for sale

Andyk

Would you go 4.7 sport shift or 4.3 Manual?

If you go manual N400 then add the BM it would be a better car if you listen to what owners say. Not heard of anyone going the BM route and not being blown away Dave. An N400 with the upgrade would have more BHP than a standard 4.7.

I drove a Sportshift and I had mixed feelings. It was a 4.7 on track....There was a real pause between 3rd and 4th on the same bit of straight each time. It was like it didn't want to change. Now it may be different in normal driving conditions and owner said he hadn't noticed...Rockits was with me and he commented as well. If you are used to the 4200/GS box I would imagine it would be OK and like those the more you drive the more it makes sense. The mark 2 and 3 are much better. The SS 3 that Adam has on has V12 is a great gear box.

Also most 4.7's at 45k are Sportshift boxes which probably tells you something. Manuals seem to fetch more on the used market at the bottom end of the market. Me I would opt manual but wouldn't discard a SS if it was a great car and deal.

Also an early 4.3 with 380 bhp with the BR upgrade pushes 422 bhp and a standard 4.7 is 420......

rockits

If you go manual N400 then add the BM it would be a better car if you listen to what owners say. Not heard of anyone going the BM route and not being blown away Dave. An N400 with the upgrade would have more BHP than a standard 4.7.

I drove a Sportshift and I had mixed feelings. It was a 4.7 on track....There was a real pause between 3rd and 4th on the same bit of straight each time. It was like it didn't want to change. Now it may be different in normal driving conditions and owner said he hadn't noticed...Rockits was with me and he commented as well. If you are used to the 4200/GS box I would imagine it would be OK and like those the more you drive the more it makes sense. The mark 2 and 3 are much better. The SS 3 that Adam has on has V12 is a great gear box.

Also most 4.7's at 45k are Sportshift boxes which probably tells you something. Manuals seem to fetch more on the used market at the bottom end of the market. Me I would opt manual but would discard a SS if it was a great car and deal.

Also an early 4.2 with 380 bhp with the BR upgrade pushes 422 bhp and a standard 4.7 is 420......
I remember Andy the Aston at Llandow. Loved the car but there was something weird & not right about that box.

I think I would agree with Andy that for the money a 4.3 Manual with BM makes the most sense at one price point. The next price point seems to he way up north to a manual V12 S

zagatoes30

4.7 manuals certainly demand more money than the SS, they seem to be low 50s where SS cars are mid to high 40s. My mate has his Aston serviced by McGurks and they have offered us a day to go and try all the variants to see which suits us best. Just need to plan it in the diary

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
If you’re at that budget, around £50k, and do wish to buy an Aston, get an 09 Facelift DB9.

Andyk

4.7 manuals certainly demand more money than the SS, they seem to be low 50s where SS cars are mid to high 40s. My mate has his Aston serviced by McGurks and they have offered us a day to go and try all the variants to see which suits us best. Just need to plan it in the diary

Can I come...pretty please......Sounds like an offer you can't say no to Andy. Met the chaps from McGurks at a show the NEC a few years back. They had a stand next to my mates. They seem a decent bunch and well knowledgable.

Andyk

Cheers Andy, I'll do some reading in the ph forum.

Sure you may hVe looked already Dave but on the right hand side it tells the performance improvements against standard for each model. Well worth talking to them just for info and to give you an idea of what the improvements are like. I spoke to them and they certainly got my attention and that was a few years back. I couldn't get my head around an exhaust upgrade that cost £5700 but it so much more than that........

http://www.bamfordrose.com/road-car/bamford-rose-sports-exhaust-system/

Andyk

They do upgrade the V12 as I chap on here many years ago...Marcus I believe....He had a DB9 soft top and he spent a fortune with them giving it more power etc......

What ever happened to Marcus...Remember Dicky bought his blue 4200 ..... This was before Dicky was a trader...Still a teacher back then I believe. I really liked that car...Has the Italian flag on the wings like the MC Victory.

Needamaser

Tend to agree Ewan...just the lure of the manual, which could mean a DB9; but it's looking a bit dated now.
I'll try the 4.7; I'm in Newcastle the week after I get back so will drop in the dealership up there..

Ask for Paul In Newcastle. Bought my car from him.
You will find out the difference in service between AM and everything else!
No pressure but all the time in the world for you.
Bought my car from him few months ago.
Dicky is right. 09 model on DB9. Classic lines and I don't think it will ever date.
Want any info pm me.

Andyk

Ah yes....It comes to most of us. Take it all is good with him apart from shrinking fleet.

BuckRog64

MY09 Astons had an upgrade in power, spec, quality and paint.

I was disappointed with a DB9 Sport Pack I tried. A nice GT car but I think the GTS is a sportier drive, seats 4 and is way cheaper to buy (and probably run exc depreciation as early DB9s have bottomed out now).

I would love a Vantage and early cars are tempting at GS money but, to my mind, you need the 4.7 for the torque more than the extra bhp. Not tried a Sportshift but most seem to prefer the manual, hence price difference. As stated earlier in thread, manual 4.7s start at c.£50k and then you see you can get a newer S for a bit more and then a V12 for a bit more than that. I can't justify spending V12 money so would rather settle on a Maser than compromise on the Aston.

rockits

Also goes to show how good value a nice facelift 4200 is in comparison. Not quite as good a car sure but at.hf the price it is not a bad compromise.. I don't ever get out of the 4200 thinking it needs more power or I wish it had more power.

philw696

Agreed totally Dean the 4200 is a perfect package and can certainly give a GTS a run for the money.
A little more exhaust tone which costs very little unless you go Larini.
Personally I like my Tubis :)

Andyk

Beginning to think a decent face lift.....e.g Martyns.....is the bargain of the century as far as performance cars go....When you think you can get one for under 20k and a GS is 30kish it does fell like a bargain........Not many V8 Coupes for that money. At the even cheaper end a 645 BMW would also be in there as a bargain....6k again for a V8 Coupe....So that's the two bargain tips for the day.

Andyk

MY09 Astons had an upgrade in power, spec, quality and paint.

I was disappointed with a DB9 Sport Pack I tried. A nice GT car but I think the GTS is a sportier drive, seats 4 and is way cheaper to buy (and probably run exc depreciation as early DB9s have bottomed out now).

I would love a Vantage and early cars are tempting at GS money but, to my mind, you need the 4.7 for the torque more than the extra bhp. Not tried a Sportshift but most seem to prefer the manual, hence price difference. As stated earlier in thread, manual 4.7s start at c.£50k and then you see you can get a newer S for a bit more and then a V12 for a bit more than that. I can't justify spending V12 money so would rather settle on a Maser than compromise on the Aston.

If I was spending 50k I would try and push it to 55/56k for the S definitely. Yes that would be paddle shift as the early cars were only made with SS. Manuals came later and there aren't many of them.