Wheel Spacers

CatmanV2

But they almost certainly weren't the 'wrong' settings. They are going to be aiming for a compromise of which tyre wear is only one component. Like on the GT's where the toe out scrubs the tyres it was almost certainly a deliberate choice to sharpen the turn in.

If you change the settings (which I have) all you're doing is moving the compromise. This will be different from what the designers intended, but in many cases it's a matter of taste.

C

spkennyuk

But they almost certainly weren't the 'wrong' settings. They are going to be aiming for a compromise of which tyre wear is only one component. Like on the GT's where the toe out scrubs the tyres it was almost certainly a deliberate choice to sharpen the turn in.

If you change the settings (which I have) all you're doing is moving the compromise. This will be different from what the designers intended, but in many cases it's a matter of taste.

C

In Alfa's case on the 159ti they revised the settings about 2 years after launch. Inside edge on the front would wear down to the cords. Remaining 90% of the tread ranged from almost no wear to around 1/3 worn. Tyres at the time for it were £250 a corner. To send out revised settings Alfa must have realised that the tyre wear compromise they had chosen was not the best. 6 to 8k miles on the original settings for front tyres and the revised setting you got 12k plus. They still ran out on the inside edge as you would expect. The other 90 % of the tyre showed a much better wear pattern. The tread depth indicator blocks actually served a purpose again.

BigR

Massa in Perth

I bought some from FD, who kindly took them back into stock when I found they were illegal here, and therefore could cause insurance issues in the event of a claim. Also didn't like the idea of extra stress on the wheel bearings.

Massa in Perth

Each State has their own legislation so he could drive it to the Western Australian border and then take his chances... which would be quite good because we don't have MOT or any roadworthy checks in WA.