BiTurbo project or spares donor?

redsonnylee

I’ve been looking after a Ghibli cup for a few years and it has some rust and the interior is pretty shot, I thought it was bad but this car on eBay looks like it’s about to fall apart as most panels looks like they will need replacing, it would be a huge challenge for anyone.

MrMickS

Thanks. That's what I thought. The only way to get it restored would be to buy it, make up some sob story, and convince Car SOS to do it for you.

It will be interesting to see what it goes for in the end though. Just out of curiosity.

GeoffCapes

I’ve been looking after a Ghibli cup for a few years and it has some rust and the interior is pretty shot, I thought it was bad but this car on eBay looks like it’s about to fall apart as most panels looks like they will need replacing, it would be a huge challenge for anyone.

DO tell more about the Ghibli Cup!

redsonnylee

20160618_131140.jpg

This is a few years ago when we used to go for a run, I’ll pop out and take some recent photos. I must say it’s a great car to drive 300+bhp. It feels so nimble and really sticks to the road.

redsonnylee

I only take it out round the block about once a month now as the wing mirrors need putting on. The interior needs a good overhaul, the body work is general reasonable but the bonnet may need replacing. It’s a left hand drive imported from Asia so it’s was in a dry climate most of its life.
20171119_130927498_iOS.jpg
20171119_131154353_iOS.jpg

zagatoes30

Doesn't look too bad at all, I do love Biturbos just wish they weren't more temperamental than a 3200

redsonnylee

It runs really well & always starts, they just don’t like living outside. My 3200 was a huge improvement and I had 8 good years of enjoyment. It’s still weird opening the garage & it’s not there.

dickyb

Lovely Ghibli but its not a Cup I'm afraid, looks like someone has just stuck some Cup badges onto the doors of a MY94 or early GT.

A genuine Cup would have Speedline split rim wheels, a metal fuel filler cap on the right side and no dummy filler on the left, the interior trim would usually be a carbon fibre effect material rather than wood (although one or two were specified with wood trim), the pedals on that car look like aftermarket items and a LHD Cup would normally have a numbered plaque on the dashboard. Nonetheless a lovely looking car and I hope you get it back on the road soon, in the meantime keep it out of the rain :)

StuartW

Lovely looking Ghibli but as for the original post, that is a sorry looking car which I can't see making it back on the road sadly

GeoffCapes

Lovely Ghibli but its not a Cup I'm afraid, looks like someone has just stuck some Cup badges onto the doors of a MY94 or early GT.

A genuine Cup would have Speedline split rim wheels, a metal fuel filler cap on the right side and no dummy filler on the left, the interior trim would usually be a carbon fibre effect material rather than wood (although one or two were specified with wood trim), the pedals on that car look like aftermarket items and a LHD Cup would normally have a numbered plaque on the dashboard. Nonetheless a lovely looking car and I hope you get it back on the road soon, in the meantime keep it out of the rain :)

You beat me to it.

However, let me know if you want to sell it. ;)

redsonnylee

I know the owner had a lot of remedial work done over in Malaysia and there are a lot of spare parts including trim and wheels but in poor condition. He did tell me the engine was rebuilt by a company in Walton.

That's very interesting as don't know how much he paid the mileage is 29,000. The owner is due to fly back in about a year so will let him know.