Why are QPs so cheap?

Spartacus

They do have the whiff of the golf club about them. The newer ones look ok but the older ones looked awful. imho

Last edited:

Andyk

Beg to differ, best looking 4 door saloon on the road in many people's opinion. They're cheap as all 4 door saloons depreciate masssively and are never as desirable as their coupe counterparts.

100% agree...The best looking 4 door car you can buy used for 15k ...... And the most exotic......beautiful cars even after all these years especially on Sport GT form.....

Ebenezer

Probably at any price! Nothing 4 door I can think of has looked so gorgeous (apart from the Aston Martin Lagonda Special which is my other dream car, but marmite for most)
Eb

Massa in Perth

They do have the whiff of the golf club about them. The newer ones look ok but the older ones looked awful. imho

Lets see: with all due respect and in MY humble opinion - disagree (unless maybe it's a golf club in Italy), um disagree and let's see..definitely disagree.

DavidL

I was looking back at an ad I pondered about 3 yrs ago for a manual Ferrari 456 for a (now) mere 29995. That car is now about 59995. The next car down the list was a bordeaux pontevecchio QP V up for 14k which would now be, well about 14k. So some move some don't. I saw a QP V in the JL carpark in Swindon only last week. They are big imposing things but very attractive for all that. Expensive to run against say a 5 series or cls but its the choice you make.
Still should have bought that 456!

Ewan

However, the QP V has reasonable running costs, unlike the 456. Having run both as daily cars I'd say the 456 costs about 3 times the QP. Have a quick chat with Emblem and ask them.

For the financially astute, I have a QP GTS going cheap. Not actively advertised, but in my garage doing nothing so still available. First one up with twenty grand gets a stunning and unique vehicle.

DavidL

Ewan,
the running costs are what put me off, then and now. I had a chat to Bob Houghton's bunch as they are a bit closer to me and they confirmed my suspicions! I still need a bit more space for family trips so I'll stick to the e55 estate for now but that will change in the end.
David

Andyk

However, the QP V has reasonable running costs, unlike the 456. Having run both as daily cars I'd say the 456 costs about 3 times the QP. Have a quick chat with Emblem and ask them.

For the financially astute, I have a QP GTS going cheap. Not actively advertised, but in my garage doing nothing so still available. First one up with twenty grand gets a stunning and unique vehicle.

20k...What a bargain for such a unique QP......

highlander

I agree with Andy here, if I had the readies Ewan that beastie would be north of Inverness right now. For what it is worth, I think the QPV is the best value Italian out there just now and a looker.

Andyk

Agree Greg...Best looking and best value Italian car out there...arguably the best looking car full stop for 15k.....

zagatoes30

Ewan stop it, please - I want a sportscar not a big saloon but every time I think about your QP I get tempted to raid the funds.

Ewan

With the sports suspension, brakes and seats, the QP GTS feels a lot more like a sports car than you might imagine. For a big car, it feels light on its feet once you are up and running. Years ago I took the Maser UK press QP GTS around Millbrook at indecent speed. All great fun.

outrun

If you wait until my Volvo lease runs out in August, I may well buy it. Unless of course you need a leased Volvo for a few months....

It's blue, by the way! :)

DavidL

rockits

The original non-facelift QP V but in the later non-AB4 trim such as Sport/Exec GT or GTS is by far the best looking sporting saloon by some margin. What even comes close?

I would have had Ewan's GTS for sure if I hadn't bought my Exec GT alteady. Just 'invested' a little in mine at MOT time as a few things needed doing.

I'm still hankering after a supercharged AMG again as didn't have much time with the SL55 or E55. They are a really cracking drivetrain & awesome VFM. Not a patch on the looks of a QP but the CLS55 isn't too far behind I guess. Trouble is you then have E60 M5 & M6 at well under sub 20k now. So many cars with such amazing value out there.