Gransport advice and anyone know this car?

hashluck

TBF, apart from the clutch, most 4200's hide a similar list. All sortable with some TLC.

+1

Just the bizarre/patchy service history here but it was a long time ago so it is more about the more recent history here.

allandwf

I'm still very interested in this car. Garage wanted to take mine on SOR though. Any forum interest in my AC?

BuckRog64

Yes Dave, it is but Novola don't have it any more. Quirks bought it from a main dealer I understand. Had a look around the car a while back and it looked nice. Couple of touched in stone chips on drivers door and usual bubble under o/s rear light, which dealer said would be attended to. Interior really tidy. Much as it looked a nice example it didn't steer me away from my desire for a car with beige or avorio trim and I've had too many silver cars.

D Walker

Yes Dave, it is but Novola don't have it any more. Quirks bought it from a main dealer I understand. Had a look around the car a while back and it looked nice. Couple of touched in stone chips on drivers door and usual bubble under o/s rear light, which dealer said would be attended to. Interior really tidy. Much as it looked a nice example it didn't steer me away from my desire for a car with beige or avorio trim and I've had too many silver cars.

In that case I bet you the bubbling has not been sorted "properly" - I've seen the work involved in that....

BuckRog64

In that case I bet you the bubbling has not been sorted "properly" - I've seen the work involved in that....

It was the early stage of bubble, not broken through, and dealer said it would be rectified once a sale agreed. I've seen Matt's thread on the need to cut the rot out and I doubt many dealers would go to that extent when selling a car.

This rot under the rear lamps appears to affect most GS's I've seen. I guess there is no way of knowing whether a clean car is yet to bubble or if a temporary repair has recently been undertaken. Anyone know what paint colours are easy to blend in; assume a car in bianco fuji would need a complete respray!

safrane

Funny my 11 year old 4200 had no rust at all under the lights...maybe they changed things post 2004?

miket

Mine is also spotless, some of the shots of the underside of the cars on here are horrifying, mine looks almos as new!

D Walker

I cant understand the "Repair it when a deal is agreed" - I would walk away, present it ready for sale.
Funny my 4200 never had any either - 05

Ewan

My GS is spotless to. But hey, let's not spoil another Forum negativity story!!!

Come to think of it, I can't recall having to deal with any corrosion or blisters on any of my 3200 or later Masers. I have to go back to the Ghibli II and QP IV era cars to have had any such work.

adam01

My GS is spotless to. But hey, let's not spoil another Forum negativity story!!!

Come to think of it, I can't recall having to deal with any corrosion or blisters on any of my 3200 or later Masers. I have to go back to the Ghibli II and QP IV era cars to have had any such work.
Intermittent and latent

Not on all cars and can appear under the rear lights after some time

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

allandwf

Two scabs on the rear arches, and a small spot on the bottom rear corner of drivers door on my 3200, all now dealt with. Not too bad for a 16 year old car. :)

BuckRog64

Gents, I was simply stating what I have seen and seeking owners experiences of what GS paint colours are easiest to blend in when carrying out bodywork repairs. It's great that your cars are in rust free condition but why all the dismissive "funny that" responses to what is not an uncommon problem with the GS? See the attached thread picturing the forum owners experience with his GS as an example.

http://www.sportsmaserati.co.uk/sho...le-under-rear-light?highlight=rust+rear+light

Ewan

That silver is okay to blend/match. But Bianco Fuji is tricky, as is Blu Victory (which is a problem for me as I'd like to re-spray the nose on mine as there are a couple of stone chips that are annoying me).

BuckRog64

That silver is okay to blend/match. But Bianco Fuji is tricky, as is Blu Victory (which is a problem for me as I'd like to re-spray the nose on mine as there are a couple of stone chips that are annoying me).

Thanks Ewan. I think I'd prefer to live with a couple of well touched in stone chips rather than risk a slightly different shade nose. Plus it keeps paintwork original. You know if you go for respray you'll pick up a fresh stone chip straight after!

wifedrivestheclio

I like this. And if it needs a few hundred Pounds of paint, so what? Buy it, spend a bit on it, enjoy it, and watch it increase in value over the years. A "launch" spec GS has to be a good long term investment, as well as being a fun car to own/drive.

Out of curiosity, what is the launch spec?