4200 Facelift For Sale

mchristyuk

I'm slowly coming to the sad decision that I need to part ways with my fabulous 4200 Facelift. With child No 2 on the way I'm unable to get two baby seats in the Maserati, so need to get something a little more family orientated.

I've owned the car since July '16 and it's never let me down. I bought it from SopranoStu and it was an ex-Richard Grace car. Sadly it was marked as CAT D owing to some rear bumper and boot damage. This was all repaired by Stuart to perfect condition and has flown through every MOT since and drives without fault.

Overall I'd say the car is in great condition, there's usual stone chips around the for a 11 year old car with 57,000 miles on the clock.

Car had a brand new clutch just before I bought it and has been checked by AV Engineering to show approx 12% worn. Car had full fluid and filter service this year along with new plugs and lambda sensors. It has 2 keys, all cards, heated memory seats, unmarked alloys and Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres all round. I've also fitted a custom stainless exhaust (headers back) which makes it sound glorious, standard exhaust (along with some other parts) will be included with the car. Also includes stereo adapter to allow you to plug in your Phone, Mp3 player, etc.

Service History:
11-06 - 00,000 - Supplied New
07-07 - 05,539
03-08 - 08,895
06-10 - 17,073
03-12 - 23,159
05-13 - 25,250
08-14 - 38,474
07-16 - 51,818 - New Clutch
07-17 - 56,288

Any questions, more photos, etc, please just ask.

This is a great car and it's such a shame that it got a CAT D rating for such superficial damage. Either way it's going to make it a bargain for somebody else to enjoy, and I'd like it to go to a good enthusiasts home.

I'm looking for offers in the region of £15k.

4.jpg
5.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Mark

Last edited:

safrane

Great looking car and fab price...there have been a couple of new members aaking about 4200...what are they waiting for???

The face lift is so close to a GS too...but with a ride that does not shatter your spine or your alloys.

Best of luck with the sale.

mchristyuk

Thanks Peter.

It breaks my heart to do it.. and really it should be worth so much more. However I got it at a good price from Stuart and I'm just looking to recoup that plus the extra money I've put in to it.. and even then it's still a bargain I think. I don't know where else you could get this performance and looks for such money.

Mark

BuckRog64

I've met up with Mark and his car several times this year and can confirm it looks as good as in the photos. What the photos can't show is what an amazing beast it sounds with that custom exhaust!

Andyk

Now that is just one of my favourite colours on the 4200 and your just looks stunning on the dark alloys. Good luck with the sale.

Ewan

Looks great and would be £20k if it weren't for it being Cat C. Maybe one for the SM member from Ontario who is currently looking for a facelift 4200 manual.

By the way OP, if you need a car with 4 sears and 4 doors (to fit the children) I know of a great QP GTS going cheaper than it should do!

mchristyuk

Thanks for the comments guys. It is a lovely car and somebody is going to get a bargain!

Ewan

Sadly the bigger mazzers are just too big to be practical where I live. Had a test drive in a Giulia Veloce and apart from the engine noise I'm smitten!

Mark

Delmonte

Nice car bud and good luck with the sale. Can I ask a newbie question? Every 4200 late model I see has the big screen in the centre console but every gransport I see has the single - din stereo fitment. Is this a standard equipment or options thing? Is the big screen a full Sat nav infotainment thing?

mchristyuk

The Gransport had a different interior hence the single din socket. All 4200s had the nav infotainment system.

Cheers

Mark

granturismo

Any photos of the car before the repair? Just might help someone make a decision so would be worth including in the advert...

ONSilver

This is a lovely 4200! Unfortunately it is a CC. not a manual, so not for me. Good luck with the sale, it shouldn't last long!

Last edited:

Delmonte

An update: I finally bought a 4200! Exclamation mark due to me surprising myself a bit that I took the plunge, (never bought a car over £6k before, never mind over £20k). Although I have spent £20k at least on my GTV, over the last 12 years...Some might say this is good preparation....
Anyway I bought Dicky G's silver one, it's in superb nick with under 20k miles and in the end I think too good to not buy, even though it took me nearly 3 months between viewing it and actually buying. I'm loving it so far, already added a Gransport grille (new from Eurospares) I think this really improves the look of the car.
A big thankyou to Dicky for advice & info and also Spkenny for the same.
Be prepared for lots of stupid questions on here from me

safrane

Have seen the car a number of times when I have visited RG. I was always suprised it had not sold...even more so a month back when I posted on here it was a as new Maserati for under £24k...made most cars seem over priced.

I am sure you will love it and I did the same as you to my second 4200 and fitted a GS grill, but also the lower front splitter.

Enjoy.

Vampyrebat

Congratulations Delmonte! I also saw the car a couple of months ago when I went to see Richard and he showed me around it..........It looked fantastic!

Jnismith

An update: I finally bought a 4200! Exclamation mark due to me surprising myself a bit that I took the plunge, (never bought a car over £6k before, never mind over £20k). Although I have spent £20k at least on my GTV, over the last 12 years...Some might say this is good preparation....
Anyway I bought Dicky G’s silver one, it’s in superb nick with under 20k miles and in the end I think too good to not buy, even though it took me nearly 3 months between viewing it and actually buying. I’m loving it so far, already added a Gransport grille (new from Eurospares) I think this really improves the look of the car.
A big thankyou to Dicky for advice & info and also Spkenny for the same.
Be prepared for lots of stupid questions on here from me

Well done, I thought about that one myself but decided I wanted a GS. Looks a wonderful car.