Cheap ZF 'box QPV...

P5Nij

Currently the cheapest ZF equipped QPV on Autotrader, would the mileage put anyone off...?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classi...rchad=New&advertising-location=at_cars&page=1

A keeper till it dies maybe, or steer clear...? Just thought I'd put this one out there. A year or so on from looking at potential purchases (including fumbling around the edges with Porsche 996s, Caymans, Jags and a few others) I'm no nearer to my goal, slightly further away in a way as we decided to knock a large chunk off the mortgage this year... oops! When I lost my Dad very suddenly in June, I thought now's the time to 'do something special'... a feeling which hasn't really gone away.

Interested in your thoughts gents :D

outrun

It would put me off given that you can get a ZF with half the mileage or less for £15k. It's not cheap enough to make it worthwhile in my opinion.

Wack61

It wouldn't put me off but as outrun says it's not cheap enough in a private sale I see it as a 9-10k car with those miles on considering it needs £1000 worth of paint , you only have to look at what high mileage QPs make on ebay , don't think I've seen one make 9k with over 100k on , a few do but they're back on in a few days suggesting shill bidding to me

Ewan

It's a Sport GT, so worth more than a "standard" QP. It's certainly the cheapest ZF Sport GT I've ever seen, but it's the highest mileage also.

But for only £9k more you could have my GTS, with less than half that mileage. No brainier.

rockits

There is another QP Sport GT out there for 12.5k with nearly half the mileage I think. I'll find the link. Black with Avorio leather which is nice but strangely not 20" alloys you normally see on the Sport GT but 19's I think.

rockits

Even cheaper than CLS55 Merc's in most cases.

Maybe the DS is suited to a Sport GT & GTS then ZF for AB4 & Exec GT.

Ewan

That second car is not a Sport GT! It's just a standard DS, with 19 inch wheels. That's why it's cheap. Sticking "Sport GT" badges to a standard car doesn't actually make it a Sport GT.

And on that subject, I have some Sport GT badges in my office if anyone wants them. I took them off one of my DS cars a few years ago. (A fantasist previous owner had added them. Presumably fooling no one but himself).

rockits

I did wonder about the alloys & the brakes looked small/stock. There seems to some real issues with QP's not being the right or actual models they are purporting to be.

I searched for QP Executive GT's on AT recently & out of the half dozen on there none of them were actually Executive GT's at all. None of them had the side badges either so a really poor attempt!

Disregard that he says he wants the 'sticker' price.
It's nearly Christmas, plus QPs of this vintage have
only been moving very slowly this year if memory serves.
Where is it versus book price?
It may be the cheapest ZF QP we've seen this year,
but is it necessarily the best value?
Caveat emptor ;)

PS There's a dealer in Northern Ireland. Warrenpoint. www.morgancars.net who seems to frequently have some nice QPs Know nothing about the guy, but he must be doing something right, because his stock tends towards high end and he's in the middle of nowhere ;)

P5Nij

Thanks for the replies so far gentlemen, certainly food for thought... the rebadging of QPVs into GTs reminds me of some of the Alfa Breras on Autotrader being mysteriously transformed into Prodrive limited editions, despite all the right bits being completely absent..!

I've put one of my Minis up for sale this week so if it sells at least it gets me a little closer to QPV ownership.

highlander

Might be a die hard 32 lover but the price of QPs is just plain and stupid silly for the amount of motor you get. If Ewan's QP does not shift soon we should just set fire to them all and buy an SUV (lol) since all these cars are obviously worthless! ;)

AndyG

Might be a die hard 32 lover but the price of QPs is just plain and stupid silly for the amount of motor you get. If Ewan's QP does not shift soon we should just set fire to them all and buy an SUV (lol) since all these cars are obviously worthless! ;)

Please don't say that, mines going up for sale soon !!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rockits

The QP's don't seem to have quite bottomed yet either. There are some hitting 8k & I see them dropping to 6k before they bottom which is pretty crazy really.