My Videos

StuartW

That does sound very good Mick, I assume you were in sport mode?
And is your car a completely standard S? Impressed

MrMickS

That does sound very good Mick, I assume you were in sport mode?
And is your car a completely standard S? Impressed

Completely standard. There is a little more roll than the Ghibli and you do feel the weight when you push the stop pedal. The spec has it stopping quicker than the Ghibli did, it just takes a bit to start to trust them.

Wack61

I'm not sure about anyone else but I've been getting a bit of four walls syndrome over the past week. I had been doing an hours commute in the Levante and really enjoying it. This cold turkey stopping has been a nightmare. So I took a slightly circuitous route on my essential food shopping trip and videoed it.

You're not getting the "protect the NHS bit are you" the risk of putting yourself in A&E because you're a bit bored is pretty irresponsible but what the **** as long as you're enjoying yourself , those doctors and nurses have nothing better to be doing

MrMickS

You're not getting the "protect the NHS bit are you" the risk of putting yourself in A&E because you're a bit bored is pretty irresponsible but what the **** as long as you're enjoying yourself , those doctors and nurses have nothing better to be doing

This was my one, and only, trip out in the car last week, it was on known roads in a well maintained car, and well with the limits. At no time did I break the speed limit.

I will be taking a similar trip tomorrow morning to do my weekly shop.

So take your comment and stuff it where the sun doesn’t shine.

Wack61

As I said, pretty irresponsible but as long as you're happy, essential travel means drive there and back via the shortest route not rag it round country roads even if you are within the speed limit

At least somebody watched one of your videos to save you keep bumping them

MrMickS

The shortest routes to the supermarket go on country roads. It’s what you get when you live in the country.

MrMickS

First video in a while, mostly for obvious reasons. I also managed to lose a camera halfway up the Furka pass so have no sound for that trip. Sound on this one isn't that great, something I need to sort out for the future.

Although I'm in the California there is some Maserati content near the end.

MrMickS

I'm now working my way through the video I shot last year but never got around to doing anything with it. Here's a short clip from the stretch of the NC500 from Dunnet to the Tongue Causeway.

I didn't see one Maserati on the trip sadly. There will probably be another couple of short videos I'll put together from a sunny day in the Alps in September before moving onto more new things.

MrMickS

Still going through last year's video. After the NC500 trip we took the Cali down through Switzerland to Liguria. I'd planned to take the Susten Pass but the highway exit for it was closed due to road works so ended up traversing the Furka instead. Sadly I lost the camera collecting the audio part way up so have had to make do with the sound from the in car camera.

Scaf

Great video -
I have always struggled to get decent audio when filming the car on the move.

If I have the mic inside and windows up, it’s too quiet, if I open the windows it sound great in real life and **** / wind noise on the video and of O mount a go pro outside it’s all distorted.

I have even tried with a separate mic with fur cover.

RoaryRati

Still going through last year's video. After the NC500 trip we took the Cali down through Switzerland to Liguria. I'd planned to take the Susten Pass but the highway exit for it was closed due to road works so ended up traversing the Furka instead. Sadly I lost the camera collecting the audio part way up so have had to make do with the sound from the in car camera.

Both the Susten and Furka pass are on our play list for our June holiday (although Mr RR says it's not a holiday but a trip!) - we'll let you know which is better :)

MrMickS

Great video -
I have always struggled to get decent audio when filming the car on the move.

If I have the mic inside and windows up, it’s too quiet, if I open the windows it sound great in real life and **** / wind noise on the video and of O mount a go pro outside it’s all distorted.

I have even tried with a separate mic with fur cover.

I did use a cheap(ish) action cam mounted on the bumper and got pretty decent results, when I remembered to tighten everything up, on both Maserati. Unfortunately I lost the camera I usually use on the Furka on the last trip and have yet to find a decent replacement/camera position on the California. I've just tried another camera out today but the sound is so bad that the camera is going back to Amazon!

I'll keep trying until I find one that works well. I suspect the camera from the video over the moors will work if I can stop it rattling about in the waterproof case. That'll be the next attempt.

MrMickS

Both the Susten and Furka pass are on our play list for our June holiday (although Mr RR says it's not a holiday but a trip!) - we'll let you know which is better :)
We did the Susten Pass on the way back, but the weather was nowhere near as good. The drive itself was ok, but I'd like to try it again in better weather.

MrMickS

This is last video from last years Italy trip. After crossing the Furka I headed west and then came back to Airolo via the Nufenen Pass. Its not as engaging as the Furka, Grimsel, or Susten, but the scenery was just as spectacular and its another on the list of highest alpine passes at 2478m.

MrMickS

Headed to Silverstone with the FOCers on Tuesday, just as it started to rain. Still had a fun day tracking the California. Lots to learn about grip and just how much bottle you have.

Here is a video of one of the wet laps

MrMickS

Always happy to have an excuse to drive the California we headed off for breakfast near Alston then over to UIlswater on Drive It Day last weekend. Here's a video of part of that drive, mostly the descent from Hartside Summit

Last edited:

MrMickS

It been a while since the last video. I've not had the cameras on that much, had issues with some of them, and then have struggled to find the time to edit. Anyway, I've got a few coming up with video shot in the last month or so. Here's the first a trip from the hotel we were staying at to the Silverstone Festival last month. You will probably recognise the car following me!