Cost of painting 4 panels

JonW

All,

As part of getting the PPF removed from my car, there are four different spots where the act of taking off the film has lifted the lacquer, and therefore either the whole panel, or a decent chunk of it needs repainting and blending in.

What do you think would be a reasonable figure for a really good paint shop to charge for painting 4 panels?

- Driver's front wing
- Passenger wing
- Passenger rear quarter
- Passenger door

allandwf

I had bonnet, drivers door, both rear arches, and rear bumper done. £750 which was cheaper than most.

iainw

All,

As part of getting the PPF removed from my car, there are four different spots where the act of taking off the film has lifted the lacquer, and therefore either the whole panel, or a decent chunk of it needs repainting and blending in.

What do you think would be a reasonable figure for a really good paint shop to charge for painting 4 panels?

- Driver's front wing
- Passenger wing
- Passenger rear quarter
- Passenger door

A lot for a good job!
Isn't that ironic - PPF ******* up the paint. Are the 'removers' going to cover the cost?

JonW

A lot for a good job!
Isn't that ironic - PPF ******* up the paint. Are the 'removers' going to cover the cost?

It is a bit ironic Iain. However, I knew I wanted to take the film off, and I knew there was a chance when it came off it would reveal some problems that needed fixing, so unfortunately it’s my cost to bear....

I think I paid £1,500 in May for everything from the A pillar forward. That's including Vat and a machine polish.
The guy who did it, learnt his trade with BMW and is easily one of the best in Northern Ireland.

Andyk

Matts your man as he knows a good place which is reasonable and does great work. Sure he will be along to let you know.

JonW

Thanks for the replies...

At the moment the car is in with a detailing company, who also have a paint shop they always use whenever there is a need for replaying... According to the owner of the detailer, the paint shop they go to are absolute perfectionists, and are also pretty reasonable when it comes to cost, so I was really just trying to get a sense as to what is a fair price.

For the four panels, I'm being quoted £1100. Does this sound about right?

Vampyrebat

That sounds quite good really if they are perfectionists and you don't have any friend connections with them. I paid £600 for all my front end and blended into the doors with a company I am friendly with, It took them 5 weeks as it wasn't a priority and I wasn't 100% pleased with it (albeit quite a good job)

allandwf

At the moment the car is in with a detailing company, who also have a paint shop they always use whenever there is a need for replaying... According to the owner of the detailer, the paint shop they go to are absolute perfectionists, and are also pretty reasonable when it comes to cost, so I was really just trying to get a sense as to what is a fair price.

For the four panels, I’m being quoted £1100. Does this sound about right?

I would think that would be reasonable. :)

D Walker

Just be mindful when you check it as Med Blu is supposed to be a nightmare to match / blend..

Moz1000

I would have been livid if someone had pulled the protection off and damaged the paint underneath. Did they warm it as they pulled it off - they should have.
Moz

conaero

Forum Owner

For the four panels, I'm being quoted £1100. Does this sound about right?

If they satisfy a detailer who are undoubtedly perfectionists, I would take that deal. Ok you could get it done for 3/4 of that but is it really worth it....I think not.

JonW

I would have been livid if someone had pulled the protection off and damaged the paint underneath. Did they warm it as they pulled it off - they should have.
Moz

Yes - I believe they tried their very best to get the film off without removing any of the lacquer, and I knew before I asked them to take it off that there was a risk / likelihood that there would be spots that needed fixing as a result.