Battery reset didn't work :-(

IanU

Afternoon all,
Well despite high hopes, I still have a list of electrical niggles.
Parking sensors, seemed to temporarily reset the problem shortly followed by a front sensor going bananas and then silence. Unfortunately, with the 'Parking Aid Unavailable' warning lit, it seems it disables all of them so I can't even tell if any of them are working. Is this more likely to be the control box or would it be easier to replace the sensors 1st. Is there any way of checking or isolating front/rear banks? How easy are they to get at?

2nd issue - active headlight unavailable. This only seems to appear after the lights have been on for about 10 - 15 minutes so I'm wondering if it's heat related at the headlight end of things. Same question really - where is the control box for these and how easy is it to get at and to the back of the lights to check wiring and connectors?
The warning flashes on and off regularly every couple of seconds - so could be a loose connection or dry joint somewhere - any pointers welcome.

Many Thanks
Ian.

CatmanV2

Sensors I would guess is just one. But get it to a proper diagnostic or I think you'll likely be chasing your tail....

C

Contigo

Sponsor
Listen to them next time they are playing up. Diagnostics will only help when they are faulty and as it is an intermittent fault then it's just guess work!

IanU

Thanks for the advice Gents, it did appear to be the two middle front sensors that independently seemed to go nuts just before they all shut down but understood a diagnostic check would be worthwhile. There is a thread on here regarding compatible Fiat/Alfa sensors, are these suitable for the QP too?
Headlights, any idea where the control box for these is - I'd like to double check wiring connections from headlight backwards first.

Thanks
Ian.

MemaAssuse

Battery reset didnt work

I thought I read that if you remove the battery while its powered on, the detector will be reset?