Expressions of Interest - 4200CC in Red / Black - under 30K miles

RobinL

Hi folks, I'm just at the exploratory stages here. I work in the oil & gas business usually contracting abroad and recently my contract has allowed me some time in the UK - sufficient time to enjoy owning my 2004 Maserati 4200CC, but not sufficient for me to put many miles on the clock - hence under 30K miles.

This contract comes to an end and my next position sees me in West Africa as a residential position for possibly 2 years with almost no time at home.
a) I store my Maserati until my return
b) I sell her and someone else gets to enjoy Maserati life.

She is in absolutely wonderful condition with no faults other than 'maybe' a little play in the outer steering rod end (MOT advisory), she has 12 months MOT and I will provide a 12 month warranty (I have two year warranty which is transferable)

She also has Gen 3 Ceramic Paint protection. 4 x excellent tyres and clutch is at 34% wear (Autoshield checked), I have a loudlink Bluetooth connect unit fitted, but haven't had time to even read the instructions, she is fitted with a Quicksilver X Pipe and I have the original secondary Cats which are in great condition. I have a set of Quicksilver exhausts - which are also for sale separately (or can be added to the car price if wanted) and I also have the DBW enhancement module - still in its box and never fitted.

The car is for sale at £20,500 or likely goes to storage.

There is time to think about this one, or to save up as I wont be back in the country until around 12th November - I am in Llandudno.

If any one is interested in viewing before I get back - PM me and can be arranged.

Attachments

• Maserati in Llandudno.jpg
    Maserati in Llandudno.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 231
  • Maserati on Wirral.jpg
    Maserati on Wirral.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 227
  • maserati-4200-coupe-petrol_35211690.jpg
    maserati-4200-coupe-petrol_35211690.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 226
  • maserati-4200-coupe-petrol_35211691.jpg
    maserati-4200-coupe-petrol_35211691.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 228
  • maserati-4200-coupe-petrol_35211692.jpg
    maserati-4200-coupe-petrol_35211692.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 226
  • maserati-4200-coupe-petrol_35211693.jpg
    maserati-4200-coupe-petrol_35211693.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 225
  • maserati-4200-coupe-petrol_35211695.jpg
    maserati-4200-coupe-petrol_35211695.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 222
  • maserati-4200-coupe-petrol_35211707.jpg
    maserati-4200-coupe-petrol_35211707.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 222
  • maserati-4200-coupe-petrol_35211708.jpg
    maserati-4200-coupe-petrol_35211708.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 225

Ewan

Not easy to find in this colour, mileage and condition. So only sell it if you don't want one again when you come back in a couple of years time (when it'll be even harder to find an equivalent 4200).

With interest rates being effectively zero, if you don't need the money in the meantime, I'd say store it. It could well go up in value while you're away.

allandwf

Nice looking car. Glad oil and gas is keeping you gainfully employed, me too. I'd also be tempted to store the car.

Lozzer

I would say store it, let's be honest, someone, someday will love those tail light's...... Nah seriously, I would store it....

RobinL

It seems a consensus is building! I am also advertising my Harley - a rather pretty Electra Glide Ultra Classic Ltd - in Pearl White. Although the reasons for sale are the same there is one other reason - to make sufficient space in my garage to properly store my car!
As for the tail lights - I did love the hockey stick lights on the 3200 - and if I could have found one with low miles and in good condition at the time I was looking it would have been my preference - but I didn't and now I wouldn't swap!
Thanks for the input guys - appreciated

midlifecrisis

It seems a consensus is building! I am also advertising my Harley - a rather pretty Electra Glide Ultra Classic Ltd - in Pearl White.

We don't care about sexual orientation here (lol), as long as you appreciate the car and fast motorbikes, scrap the Harley, store the Maserati!

Seems like a lot of Oil and Gas people are gong to Nigeria atm. Must be where the Oil is...strange normally money goes into Nigeria...

RobinL

We don't care about sexual orientation here (lol), as long as you appreciate the car and fast motorbikes, scrap the Harley, store the Maserati!

Seems like a lot of Oil and Gas people are gong to Nigeria atm. Must be where the Oil is...strange normally money goes into Nigeria...

Money as always is a two way thing and the outward perception is that benefits and DSS money along with the results of various scams goes IN to Nigeria from UK, but Oil money and such actually goes OUT of Nigeria - Switzerland being a likely candidate.

I've been there in my earlier days and Nigeria now remains firmly at the bottom of my destination list for any employment. I can't think of any redeeming features at all.

Shame because in the early days it actually wasn't all that bad (70's and early 80's)

R.

ofenomeno99

Gorgeous car, exactly the same colour as my first Maserati but mine had the cream interior with Bordeaux dash and steering and carpets. If I were you, and didn't need the money, I would definitely keep it.

So far as I know, Nigeria used to be the only place outside Dublin, where Guinness was brewed and I think it's a bit stronger (yep, 7%!) than what's brewed at home. Guinness on tap is about the only redeeming feature of the country that I'm aware of. World wide Guinness consumption has been in slow decline. Except in Nigeria. Go figure ;)
(apologies for thread drift)

highlander

So far as I know, Nigeria used to be the only place outside Dublin, where Guinness was brewed and I think it's a bit stronger (yep, 7%!) than what's brewed at home. Guinness on tap is about the only redeeming feature of the country that I'm aware of. World wide Guinness consumption has been in slow decline. Except in Nigeria. Go figure ;)
(apologies for thread drift)
Always thought that was Banjul in Gambia?

RobinL

No indeed, correct that Guinness was brewed under licence in Nigeria and I do remember in I think 84 or 85 the brewery had an issue with diluting the product with red oxide paint and other 'surplus' chemicals available locally - we tended to stick with Star beer which we knew to be dangerous from the outset!

Always thought that was Banjul in Gambia?
I do recall reading something recently about one of the big brewers using breweries in one of the neighbouring countries to brew beer or lager that we'd recognise. Have a memory of Swiss cheese so more than that, I can't recall.
Regarding the car. Looks gorgeous. Aberdeen seems well on the 'up' again from what I hear, so if you ended up back here, would you miss the car?

Had a few Good pints of Guinness down here which surprised me but darn expensive.

I got the shock of my life when I walked into a bar in La Rochelle in the early eighties, to see Guinness on tap.
Obviously I had to sample it. Unfortunately it tasted gawd awful. Like cold coffee. Guinness does not travel well, as a rule.

Navcorr

I got the shock of my life when I walked into a bar in La Rochelle in the early eighties, to see Guinness on tap.
Obviously I had to sample it. Unfortunately it tasted gawd awful. Like cold coffee. Guinness does not travel well, as a rule.

London Guinness never used to be that good either. From the Park Royal brewery it didn't seem to have the right consistency. Whereas some pubs in Edinburgh used to advertise Guinness from Dublin.

Try Newcastle Brown in the US.....

C

Or anywhere for that matter :smile:

Contigo

Sponsor
Are you serious? The Gravity bar is the place to drink it along with Kehoe's, I'm there at the end of next month mmm mmm