Getting to know my QP

IanU

The things to do list is holding steady at the moment with a few electrical items to sort out when I'm brave enough to try the battery reset.
Sorted the boot release re grab with a well placed rubber washer thingy stuck to the plastic disk on the boot lip - thanks for the tip.

Got the chance to explore under the front mats yesterday and take a peek in the smuggler cubbies.
Does anyone know what the 'spare' wiring loom would be for?
wxUwWFR.jpg

And does anyone know what the rubber bung thing is just under the front of the drivers seat. Looks like it has a deliberate mark on it for some reason and without trying to lift the carpet, I've no idea what's under it - just curious
epEKwRe.jpg

Thanks
Ian.

IanU

Rubber bung is, I suspect, the inertial fuel cut off switch.

C

Crikey - that sounds alarming!! - I'm assuming that's for if it all goes horribly wrong or shiny side over ar*e. I'll leave it well alone then :) - thanks.

CatmanV2

Crikey - that sounds alarming!! - I'm assuming that's for if it all goes horribly wrong or shiny side over ar*e. I'll leave it well alone then :) - thanks.

Nah, it just cuts power to the fuel pump in event of a bang so that should the lines get ruptured, high pressure fuel is not sprayed everywhere. That switch is what you press to turn the pump back on.

C

nickb

That's where the Skyhook suspension control unit is located on my QP. As your car is a GTS model, I don't think it has Skyhook and so perhaps doesn't need the control unit.

voicey

Your questions have been answered correctly above. The four pin superseal connector next to the unused ECU connector is the C-CAN interupt and is where the SD3 gets plugged in for the clutch set up.

IanU

Your questions have been answered correctly above. The four pin superseal connector next to the unused ECU connector is the C-CAN interupt and is where the SD3 gets plugged in for the clutch set up.

Fantastic, thanks very much everyone for all the info. You're right I don't have the skyhook suspension either.
I'm sure there's still plenty for me to discover on this car - I love it to bits. It's definitely changed my life.
Cheers
Ian.