Past Italian Cars

Fiat Uno Turbo (mk1) Red
    Fiat Barchetta (mk 1) Red
    Alfa Romeo 75 (T-Spark LE) Met Black
    Alfa Romeo 156 ( 2000) Silver
    Lancia Montecarlo Coupe (mk 1) Champagne Gold
    Lancia Montecarlo Spyder (mk1) Red

SportsMaserati.com Moderator Contigo's Avatar
    When I bought the 3200 it didn't have a red key as Meridien kept hold of their supplied cars. Wanted to charge me Ģ399 to release it (administration charge) despite my name on the V5 and owning the vehicle. The cheek of it! Got it in the end by asking the original owner to contact them and demand it. What a joke!
    Phil

"Una Maserati č una roba per pochi"

Current Fleet: 4.7 GTS MC Shift with Larini Sports Cats and ASBO H-pipe , 3200GTA, Mk1 Golf GTI 1.8 , Eunos Roadster, Audi A3 TQS Track (Tracy) Toy.
    Past Masters: 3200GT, Quattroporte DS, BMW E61 M5, Audi RS4 B5 Avant, Audi RS4 B7 , Lotus Elise S1, Celica GT-4, Eunos V-spec, Subaru Impreza Turbo 2000, Peugeot 205 GTI 1.6.

Thanks for the responses,especially the contact in New Zealand. For those puzzled by the circumstances,there is a story which I can tell,but I'll have to omit the names.
    The car was bought new by a young Federal politician in Australia in 2000,for more money than he could afford. He compounded the error by also buying a resort apartment. The guy is also an Australian Winter Games Olympian so has an ego to match. When his wife found out about his newly acquired girlfriends she bankrupted his estate & the car went into storage for three years. The second owner bought the car at auction without the red key. As I said he failed to get the key from the original owner. I bought the car with a very good service record & had no problems for seven years. Since replacing the original TB with a Xemodex repaired unit I have had constant problems with erratic nonstarting. The Xemodex unit has now been replaced with a new Magnetti Marelli TB but the intermittent nonstarting problem has persisted. I have a skilled electronics technician trying to track down the problem,as yet no result.

So, the red key is still in the possession of the ex Olympian politician? What good is it to him?

Surely you ask him for it, nicely. If he says no, you flag it up on social media and he looks like even more of an idiot. What has he possibly got to gain by keeping the red key to your car? If ever the car goes missing, he's in the frame. Or if the key goes missing while supposedly under his control, he has a case to answer to you (arguably). He's in a lose-lose situation. He needs to give you the key and move on, surely.
    Ewan

Current Maserati - QP Sport GTS, GranSport MC Victory, GranTurismo-S MC Sport Line
    Previous Maserati - Khamsin, Shamal, Ghibli II, Ghibli Cup (x2), QP IV Evo (x3), 3200 (x2), 4200 Spyder (x2), QP V (x3)

Maybe the Wife has it, as some sort of voodoo doll, hence the intermittent starting issues.
    60/75

SportsMaserati.com Moderator Contigo's Avatar
    Oust him on social media!!!!
    Phil

"Una Maserati č una roba per pochi"

Current Fleet: 4.7 GTS MC Shift with Larini Sports Cats and ASBO H-pipe , 3200GTA, Mk1 Golf GTI 1.8 , Eunos Roadster, Audi A3 TQS Track (Tracy) Toy.
    Past Masters: 3200GT, Quattroporte DS, BMW E61 M5, Audi RS4 B5 Avant, Audi RS4 B7 , Lotus Elise S1, Celica GT-4, Eunos V-spec, Subaru Impreza Turbo 2000, Peugeot 205 GTI 1.6.

I can't work out who you are referring to, despite some googling. Hint please?
    2006 QP Sport GT 3200GT Manual and 1984 TVR 280i

Past: Jensen Interceptor 3, Lancia HPE, Alfa 33, Lancia Beta Sedan, Fiat 124 AC, Mazda RX7 Series 1.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12