Finally new wheels....

JonW

I like it.... wife says "looks the bloody same..."

Attachments

• IMG_2231.jpg
    IMG_2231.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 177

RobinL

Looks great. And wives do that just to remind us how childish it is to even consider changing things

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Strad

Nice wheels Jon, they would have (did) look good on my Stradale....!!
I keep thinking about getting the alloys painted a darker colour. Yellow calipers just look great with black wheels.

David - 2.5 months later and your fabulous car is just getting better and better.

Mark.

JonW

Nice wheels Jon, they would have (did) look good on my Stradale....!!
I keep thinking about getting the alloys painted a darker colour. Yellow calipers just look great with black wheels.

David - 2.5 months later and your fabulous car is just getting better and better.

Mark.

Cheers Mark - I think I've finally accepted I'm sticking with the black wheels...

D Walker

Gate looks a nice bit of engineering, leaves would drive me mad, do here in the middle of a wood,

Oh yeah, the wheels, very nice, I was dissuaded from going darker on the 4200!

Like it....

JonW

Gate looks a nice bit of engineering, leaves would drive me mad, do here in the middle of a wood,

Oh yeah, the wheels, very nice, I was dissuaded from going darker on the 4200!

Like it....

FOCUS...! To be honest, the gate is a pain in the ****, but looks pretty. Bit like a Maserati...

D Walker

FOCUS...! To be honest, the gate is a pain in the ****, but looks pretty. Bit like a Maserati...

Is it too slow?? Looks hefty for that motor on a single pivot, may have been better on rails and sliding...

JonW

Is it too slow?? Looks hefty for that motor on a single pivot, may have been better on rails and sliding...

Dave - It does slide rather than pivot... Right to Left...

The problem is all the health & safety buffers and gubbins that are attached to it.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
They do look good, but I think they'd look better in satin gunmetal or anthracite. You'd see them more.

Also, then they'd look a bit more different.

JonW

They do look good, but I think they'd look better in satin gunmetal or anthracite. You'd see them more.

Also, then they'd look a bit more different.

I suspect this may end up being phase 2... once the wife has forgotten / forgiven me for spending almost £2k on changing the wheels, and another £1000+ on removing the PPF, and getting the car detailed and ceramic coated!

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
I suspect this may end up being phase 2... once the wife has forgotten / forgiven me for spending almost £2k on changing the wheels, and another £1000+ on removing the PPF, and getting the car detailed and ceramic coated!

She obviously isn't very observant. Do it anyway and see what happens next.

Er... good luck!

iainw

I am trying to get quotes for a gate at the moment.
Are they really £5,000 for a bit of wood and two motors and metal poles?
Can anyone point me in the direction of a friendly gate maker - it would free up more money to waste on cars.

JonW

I am trying to get quotes for a gate at the moment.
Are they really £5,000 for a bit of wood and two motors and metal poles?
Can anyone point me in the direction of a friendly gate maker - it would free up more money to waste on cars.

Yes Iain, they are! At least!.....

Ours was there when we bought the house, but when we did a fairly major refurb / extension we toyed with relocating the gate, and swapping it for something different. Quotes for that ranged from £6k to £20k+ (including the access systems, and installing a pedestrian side gate as well)... unsurprisingly the big gate stayed exactly where it was!