Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Finally new wheels....

  1. #11
    Senior Member D Walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Thirsk, North Yorkshire
    Posts
    4933
    Gate looks a nice bit of engineering, leaves would drive me mad, do here in the middle of a wood,

    Oh yeah, the wheels, very nice, I was dissuaded from going darker on the 4200!

    Like it....
    In between Maserati's!!!!

    Dave

  2. #12
    Senior Member JonW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    858
    Quote Originally Posted by D Walker View Post
    Gate looks a nice bit of engineering, leaves would drive me mad, do here in the middle of a wood,

    Oh yeah, the wheels, very nice, I was dissuaded from going darker on the 4200!

    Like it....
    FOCUS...! To be honest, the gate is a pain in the ****, but looks pretty. Bit like a Maserati...
    *****************************************
    Italian:
    2012 Granturismo S (Med Blu, Larini x-pipe)
    Other:
    2016 Range Rover Sport Autobiography
    2006 Mini Cooper S (Checkmate)

  3. #13
    Senior Member D Walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Thirsk, North Yorkshire
    Posts
    4933
    Quote Originally Posted by JonW View Post
    FOCUS...! To be honest, the gate is a pain in the ****, but looks pretty. Bit like a Maserati...
    Is it too slow?? Looks hefty for that motor on a single pivot, may have been better on rails and sliding...
    In between Maserati's!!!!

    Dave

  4. #14
    Senior Member rockits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    3278
    Are they Crittall or Steel windows?
    2007 Maserati QP V Executive GT ZF Auto - Blu Nettuno
    2007 Maserati 4200 CC - Grigio Nuvolari
    2006 Volvo XC90 4.4 V8 SE LUX Auto - Dark Blue Metallic
    2011 Land Rover Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto - Metallic Grey
    2005 Alfa GT 3.2 V6 Busso Manual - Black
    1999 Mercedes SL500 Auto - Black
    1998 Peugeot 306 GTi-6 Manual - Silver

    Now Gone: 2003 Maserati 4200/GS Hybrid Manual; 2011 Jaguar XJ; 2013 Focus ST-3, 2005 E55K 7 Seater Estate, 2005 E60 M5 V10, 1997 R129 SL60 AMG, 2003 R230 SL55 AMG, 2005 987 Boxster 3.2S Manual

  5. #15
    Senior Member JonW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    858
    Quote Originally Posted by D Walker View Post
    Is it too slow?? Looks hefty for that motor on a single pivot, may have been better on rails and sliding...
    Dave - It does slide rather than pivot... Right to Left...

    The problem is all the health & safety buffers and gubbins that are attached to it.
    *****************************************
    Italian:
    2012 Granturismo S (Med Blu, Larini x-pipe)
    Other:
    2016 Range Rover Sport Autobiography
    2006 Mini Cooper S (Checkmate)

  6. #16
    Senior Member Felonious Crud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    N.E. Essex
    Posts
    9022
    They do look good, but I think they'd look better in satin gunmetal or anthracite. You'd see them more.

    Also, then they'd look a bit more different.
    2009 GTS MC-shift, with x-pipe. I never cease to be amazed by how much I like this car
    Fiat 500 twin-air, a fire-breathing beast
    Hayter lawn mower, in dark verde ithica

    Past: A shitbox Ford Capri, an atrocious Ford Orion (a modern classic!), a Ford Escort, an annual train season ticket, a bus ticket, 1982 Peugeot 12-speed racing bike

  7. #17
    Senior Member JonW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    858
    Quote Originally Posted by Felonious Crud View Post
    They do look good, but I think they'd look better in satin gunmetal or anthracite. You'd see them more.

    Also, then they'd look a bit more different.
    I suspect this may end up being phase 2... once the wife has forgotten / forgiven me for spending almost £2k on changing the wheels, and another £1000+ on removing the PPF, and getting the car detailed and ceramic coated!
    *****************************************
    Italian:
    2012 Granturismo S (Med Blu, Larini x-pipe)
    Other:
    2016 Range Rover Sport Autobiography
    2006 Mini Cooper S (Checkmate)

  8. #18
    Senior Member Felonious Crud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    N.E. Essex
    Posts
    9022
    Quote Originally Posted by JonW View Post
    I suspect this may end up being phase 2... once the wife has forgotten / forgiven me for spending almost £2k on changing the wheels, and another £1000+ on removing the PPF, and getting the car detailed and ceramic coated!
    She obviously isn't very observant. Do it anyway and see what happens next.

    Er... good luck!
    2009 GTS MC-shift, with x-pipe. I never cease to be amazed by how much I like this car
    Fiat 500 twin-air, a fire-breathing beast
    Hayter lawn mower, in dark verde ithica

    Past: A shitbox Ford Capri, an atrocious Ford Orion (a modern classic!), a Ford Escort, an annual train season ticket, a bus ticket, 1982 Peugeot 12-speed racing bike

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by JonW View Post
    FOCUS...! To be honest, the gate is a pain in the ****, but looks pretty. Bit like a Maserati...
    I am trying to get quotes for a gate at the moment.
    Are they really £5,000 for a bit of wood and two motors and metal poles?
    Can anyone point me in the direction of a friendly gate maker - it would free up more money to waste on cars.
    His: Ferrari California 30
    Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Lux+

    Hers: BMW X3

    Past: Maserati GTS MC Shift
    BMW 330D Convertible
    Porsche Boxster S

  10. #20
    Senior Member JonW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    858
    Quote Originally Posted by iainw View Post
    I am trying to get quotes for a gate at the moment.
    Are they really £5,000 for a bit of wood and two motors and metal poles?
    Can anyone point me in the direction of a friendly gate maker - it would free up more money to waste on cars.
    Yes Iain, they are! At least!.....

    Ours was there when we bought the house, but when we did a fairly major refurb / extension we toyed with relocating the gate, and swapping it for something different. Quotes for that ranged from £6k to £20k+ (including the access systems, and installing a pedestrian side gate as well)... unsurprisingly the big gate stayed exactly where it was!
    *****************************************
    Italian:
    2012 Granturismo S (Med Blu, Larini x-pipe)
    Other:
    2016 Range Rover Sport Autobiography
    2006 Mini Cooper S (Checkmate)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •