Maserati Biturbo Spyder for sale on Autotrader

Contigo

Sponsor
Looks nice, MOT expired on 8 July 2016 but all the previous tests show it has been pretty well looked after by the same MOT station in Thetford for a good number of years. I'd be checking with Bill McGrath if they know the car as the likelihood is they will.

I'd love a Zagato Spyder for sure. It's strong priced but if the miles are spot on and the history checks out it's a nice investment.

GeoffCapes

Looks nice, MOT expired on 8 July 2016 but all the previous tests show it has been pretty well looked after by the same MOT station in Thetford for a good number of years. I'd be checking with Bill McGrath if they know the car as the likelihood is they will.

I'd love a Zagato Spyder for sure. It's strong priced but if the miles are spot on and the history checks out it's a nice investment.

Was definitely going to call McGraths Phil. And or take it down there for a health check. I hadn't done the obligatory MoT check yet, so thanks for the info.
You'd be likely to spot something I might easily miss.

Ewan

The advert says open to offers. I'd go in very hard if I was you. The reality is that you'll be the only person looking for a biturbo spyder, so he'll have no other offers. It would be lucky to make 5 figures at auction and if he had to out it within the trade, considerably less.

If you go to see it, find out who the owner is/was. Likely to be someone within the Maserati Club, so could be contacted directly for a chat.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
It certainly hasn't done many miles over the last decade, and with the MOT expired over a year ago, looks like the owner has either lost interest, or passed away maybe, and the car has been passed on to be sold.
Certainly on the MOT history no flags of anything serious, could be a very tidy, garaged, summer use only car, so definitely worth a look if serious.
I little digging also indicates it had been previously registered under A5KJF, G950TUU and had 8 previous owners before the current keeper acquired it.

rockits

Love the Capri they have....shame it hasn't done 7k miles though & not even close! A quick bit of Googling reveals plenty of previous history. You can't hide much about an Old Spice car like this easily.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/ford/ford-capri-2.8i/1237698170

Not worth anything like 12k but still a nice car. Looks like refurbed in 2010 when the commercial may have been done. Was for sale at 9k then 6495 a few years prior.

This dealer shouldn't be listing it as 7k miles as I am sure they know it is not. Isn't it illegal for a trader to list a car at a mileage they know is not accurate? Maybe shows what kind of dealer they are so maybe buyer beware on the Biturbo.

CatmanV2

Ahhh

I'd initially feel it's a typo, but the trader's ad makes pretty big play on it only have 7k. I rather think that their suggestion that the available documentation suggests 7k is all of it would lean strongly away from an innocent error and rather much into fraud.....

C

rockits

Ahhh

I'd initially feel it's a typo, but the trader's ad makes pretty big play on it only have 7k. I rather think that their suggestion that the available documentation suggests 7k is all of it would lean strongly away from an innocent error and rather much into fraud.....

C
You may be right...only one person knows for sure. I suspect they may know but maybe praying on MOT history & lack of obvious documentation to prove otherwise. The previous MOT history weirdly seems to back up the mileage. Not sure how or why.

Although the previous owner as clearly states much work has been done which may or may not be consistent with a 7k mile car.

Seems to good to be true & if it was a 7k mile car with documentation to prove it I'm sure the car would be £20k+

Needamaser

2.8 manual rhd is probably most desirable combination. If it is rust free it has to be worth a look.

Sorry for sticking this in the Lancia section.
Must've been ogling Lancias again.
Thanks for the help / info guys. After a short piece of Googling, I was left with a less than warm fuzzy feeling about this seller, but I haven't gone the full Inspector Clouseau yet :) I did ask McGraths if it was known to them. Should hear tomorrow.
On the Capri. I would've thought that a Brooklands was the way to go, if at all possible. There's one advertised online for similar money, but I didn't look at specifics. I can remember looking at a new one in a Ford dealership in the winter of '86 or '87 and despite never being a Ford fanboy I thought it looked the mutt's nuts. Thirty years later, my opinion hasn't changed. Noticed too, that one sold at auction last year for almost £55k!

zagatoes30

I do like the Biturbo Zagato Spyder, it keeps getting to the top of the list to replace my 4200 Spyder but you have to find a good one.