Few things to check while I'm there

Tufan

Car on the lift, US spec heat-wrapped manifolds removed waiting for EU to be finally installed.
Manifold heatwrapped.jpg

While doing this, below parts are now exposed. Wishbone bushing is cracked outside but not sure if all OK inside. Never heard an issue. There's another part discussed for checking which I have the photo and it seems the rubber is protecting what it should protect.
20171010_135238.jpg20171010_135056.jpgdiger.jpg

What worries me is the robber dust protection in the springs of the shocks. What should I do? Are these sold separately or can I have it remanufactured it as an aftermarket solution?
Shock 1.jpgShock 2.jpg

What we found shocking was both engine mounts were gone. Is it normal that they wore just in 62.000 kms? Car never rattled except when I would be driving downwards in 1st and than I was getting the shake and thought it's the clutch adjustment.
IMG-20171009-WA0005.jpg

Many thanks for the advices.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Don't think I would worry about the exposed rubber wishbone bushing being cracked on the outside, the engine mount and strut dust cover however I would.

Tufan

I will order 2 new engine mounts but where would be the cheapest source in UK? €200 each + vat in Turkey!

Can you show me picture of strut dust cover please?

conaero

Forum Owner
In the past for the shock covers I have cut down universal steering rack gaiter bellows and used cable tues to attach. Works a treat.

Tufan

https://www.eurospares.co.uk/parts/...on-shock-absorber-and-brake-disc-28194/188993

For the cover on the shock, part number 9, cheap too.

https://www.eurospares.co.uk/parts/maserati/4200-coupe/engine/crankcase-20116/185361

Part 45 for the engine mount, cheaper than €200 if you can wait the few weeks...

Looks good underneath, normally see them covered in rust in the UK

I need to wait in Turkey, too. But maybe another source to have it quick?

And please photo of strud cover.

Gp79

IMG_2128.jpg

Maybe best direct from Italy to Turkey, last time I was there I remember very high customs fees to get parts cleared for a ship.