The road to Le Mans 2018

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Strikes me as more apt that Rob's would be the one with skid marks.

Although come to think of it, Rob doesn't use his brakes much.

MAF260

My last remaining memory of Le Mans 2017 on that fecking parasol base...which I will trip over numerous times again this year no doubt.

And as Capes messaged me, no, thats not your ticket my manky toe is resting on, its mine and has been marked accordingly :)

Capes ticket has been residing down the back of my pants all morning!

You can only stand on Geoff's ticket if you're wearing red shoes.

conaero

Forum Owner
Just an update, I have worked my magic and we are back in the same hotel in Saumur for the second night (except MAF)

Needless to say it was thought of as mission impossible but just so you all know there is a 1,000€ behaviour bond on both the hotels. You misbehave, you pay it!

Ill be contacting you all for the final payment over the course of next week, it will be in the region of £125-150 per head and will cover both the hotels on the way down, parking, breakfast plus the share of the Euro commisssion and ticket delivery fees, your payment for the Les Blot BBQ and Pizza night on Thursday and also each of your programmes and car sticker too.

Any overs go in the beer kitty!

That will conclude any payments required and the trip is now fully booked.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Top job, Matt! A bright career in the diplomatic corps awaits you. Honestly, I have no idea how you pulled that off, but well done.

PS - you wouldn't mind seeing if you can mediate between Donny 'big hands' Trump and the Kim Jung Little 'Un, would you?

2b1ask1

Special case
Better get my train booked then... Will be in Saumur for mid afternoon but will be a very early start. GC I'll park in your area but will get an Uber to Ashford Int' as I need to be on a train for 06.00.

GeoffCapes

Better get my train booked then... Will be in Saumur for mid afternoon but will be a very early start. GC I'll park in your area but will get an Uber to Ashford Int' as I need to be on a train for 06.00.

I'll text you the road to park in. Right by the station and no parking costs.

Not sure we have Uber in Ashford.

FF1078

Can I ask why yopu lucky to be back in that hotel?

Did you lot get smashed and cause some agro?

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Can I ask why yopu lucky to be back in that hotel?

Did you lot get smashed and cause some agro?

Because it's a lovely hotel in a beautiful town. We certainly had a cheeky sherbert, and I think there was some kind of misunderstanding after everyone had gone to bed, but all in all it worked out well.

outrun

Is that the one with the car park through gates down the side road? The one who's bar we opened in the small hours as a self service system?

D Walker

Yep - threw breakfast at us in the morning and told us to stop laughing - Myself and Hoyin were oblivious to the shenanigans, but at least we never woke up with the police pointing guns at us in the room......

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Can I have a space on the car parks please Matt?

Thanks!

Car park spaces should be awarded based on car colour, with lighter cars taking priority. :smile:

Were you not in there last year, Athol? It was an extraordinary feat of careful manoeuvering. Especially with a semi-auto box and the kerb just on the way in.

G

Guest 1678

Car park spaces should be awarded based on car colour, with lighter cars taking priority. :smile:

Were you not in there last year, Athol? It was an extraordinary feat of careful manoeuvering. Especially with a semi-auto box and the kerb just on the way in.

Curses - my nero and nero ensemble will prove very difficult to lighten. Looks like I will be in suite 599.