The road to Le Mans 2018

conaero

Forum Owner
Interestingly, 7 months today we will be at the track, p!ssed or even dead possible :)

Spartacus

We should go to this pub Friday afternoon , everyone knows daytime p1ss ups are better . Remember the lady with the garage smoking area ? quality

Spartacus

We can get a taxi to Le Lude , we can have a few beers in the Tobbacs to sharpen up and then off to the pub.

If not we can do shuttle runs and the last one can walk . We wont need a lift home becuase the Mayor will have us all banged up in the town cop shop by 7 pm anyway . Free breakfast though ....every cloud an all that .

Last edited:

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
We can get a taxi to Le Lude , we can have a few beers in the Tobbacs to sharpen up and then off to the pub.

If not we can do shuttle runs and the last one can walk . We wont need a lift home becuase the Mayor will have us all banged up in the town cop shop by 7 pm anyway . Free breakfast though ....every cloud an all that .

I love your relentless optimism, Sparts. If I'm gonna be banged up in a French nick I want it to be with you.

conaero

Forum Owner
Just heard back from The Rose and Crown in Le Lude, Amanda is going to lay something on front us.

Spartacus

Yeah . I'm bored of the Harlequin . Plus we can have a few bevies there without worrying about driving home

zagatoes30

You don't go to Arnage during Le Mans for the quality of the beer just the constantly changing scenery - one of the best traffic jams there is.

spkennyuk

Yeah . I'm bored of the Harlequin . Plus we can have a few bevies there without worrying about driving home

They also seemed to have two menu prices for the food. Standard price menu for the locals and then the inflated prices for the visitors. The same possibly applies on the beer prices as well.

zagatoes30

On the Thursday and Friday.

Thursday is always quiet due to quail at the track but Friday is normally busy. We were there on Friday just after lunch and there was lots going on including the French Matra Simca, Panhard and Chevy clubs out in force

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Quail at the track? Sounds like a train delay announcement. It certainly conjurs up some surreal images.