The road to Le Mans 2018

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
I've had Green Flag cover for the last few years. Well priced and good cover. Not the cheapest, mind, but pretty good. 70 quid or so from memory.

You all are well ahead of mine with the cleaning. Mine's still got a few kilos of Northants, Cambridge, Suffolk and Essex flies plastered across the front.

Last edited:

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Shiny!

Monday afternoon now feels within reach. I'm very much looking forward to heading north to meet Dan! then south-west to the coast and onwards for the SM Allied Expeditionary Force's landings on the Cherbourg peninsula. We shall never surrender!

Well, not unless the manageress of a certain Saumur hotel tells us to surrender, anyway. I'd see compliance as the best option in that case.

Mr S

Very real possibility that my Mas will not be going this year after this morning's visit to CL.

Doohickey

Velociraptor
MOT passed, oil service and wheel alignment done. Wash and brush up at the weekend and I'll be ready to go.

Hull to Zeebrugge on Wednesday and then staying on Beausejour for the duration. Heading back Monday morning via Rouen (when they will undoubtedly be cleaning the tunnel lights again) for the ferry Monday night so might see some on the road then.

Getting excited now (if work would calm down!).

Mr S

Why what's up, let us know. We might be of help...

Unfortunately, there is not a lot anyone, except Ed at CL can do im afraid, but thanks for the kind offer. I just hope fitting the cruise control and temp sensor is a piece of cake, as time is going to be at a premium. Havnt really started packing yet, and got no idea how stuff is going to go in the car yet, as iv not had it for 3 weeks. I maybe get the car back Monday, if im lucky, but as I was meant to pick it up yesterday, then this morning, im not holding out much hope.

Mr S

MOT passed, oil service and wheel alignment done. Wash and brush up at the weekend and I'll be ready to go.

Hull to Zeebrugge on Wednesday and then staying on Beausejour for the duration. Heading back Monday morning via Rouen (when they will undoubtedly be cleaning the tunnel lights again) for the ferry Monday night so might see some on the road then.

Getting excited now (if work would calm down!).

We are in Rouen Monday night, at the Novatel

Doohickey

Velociraptor
We are in Rouen Monday night, at the Novatel

Sorry about the car. Hope it gets fixed.

We're on the Monday night ferry from Zeebrugge so just passing through Rouen but might see you on the road if you have it back in time.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
is it Monday yet?

In my head, yes. I could chuck some stuff in a bag, dig out a passport and be ready in 5 minutes flat. Happily I plan to spend the weekend generally faffing about and doing stuff that doesn’t need doing. That way I’ll feel like it’s closer. Doubtless Mrs Crud will have some alternative ways for me to pass the time, though.

Mr S, shite! Phone Christian and bend his ear, hard. Those boys are busy but LM waits for no man. Get them to get it done.

Zep

I saw your car there on weds, It was on a battery charger and Ed told me they were going to put to some miles on it to make sure it was sorted. There is hope!

Unfortunately, there is not a lot anyone, except Ed at CL can do im afraid, but thanks for the kind offer. I just hope fitting the cruise control and temp sensor is a piece of cake, as time is going to be at a premium. Havnt really started packing yet, and got no idea how stuff is going to go in the car yet, as iv not had it for 3 weeks. I maybe get the car back Monday, if im lucky, but as I was meant to pick it up yesterday, then this morning, im not holding out much hope.

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Apart from all the f*ckers that eat everything apart from the empty bottles.

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Although, I did see someone tasting them to see if they were a viable, and free, food source.

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate

Well, I hope they’ve got mine sorted. If not, they are going to get a good f*cking, from behind, without lube or a smile, Dem style.

Last edited:

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
CL does seem to have slowed down, based on a few stories. Fingers crossed for you, Mr S.

You as well, Ben.

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Cheers mate. The gearbox is now fixed but there are other jobs to be done and an MOT to be got before lunch on Tuesday.

Crofty

Right, that's another 7 day working week nailed, time for some LeMans prep, there's a big list & not a lot of time...Doh,
Better start with a bucket I think IMG_1842.JPG