GeoffCapes

Just over a week to go!

Has the burger van turned up yet?

All I need to do is give the GT a wash!

Can't wait!

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Good job, Andy! I’m pleased to report that numberplates, insurance and V5 are all reporting the same details. Which is nice.

conaero

Forum Owner
Well, this weekend was reserved for 'Le Mans' prep but that went out the window when I downed tools and jumped in the car and sped up to Leicestershire for an all weekend drinking sesh. I am not well behind but have Wednesday off.

I did manage to get the Strad up on the ramp and have the rear discs off and check the handbrake. It was dusty but the linings are all there and look good. A good clean and some lube added to aid the action. Also whipped the under tray off to check the oil filter and its done up tight so no issues there. This was because we have been seeing some slack servicing on the GTs of late where they are not being torqued up fully.

Had a general look over and all looks good. Inner front edges of the tyres are a little scrubbed but should see the year out.

Didn't get round to repairing Mandy nor get to the supermarket to stock the boot with Gin.

Wednesday will now be spent doing a full detail.

Getting seriously close now!

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Inside: cleaned
Outside: not cleaned
Fluids: not checked
Insurance certificate: printed
V5 and all docs: found
Breakdown cover: needs sorting
Sanef tag: replaced (old one had a flat battery)
Gin: ordered
A gross of fresh pants: ordered

So, er. Kind of progress.

GeoffCapes

Inside: cleaned
Outside: not cleaned
Fluids: not checked
Insurance certificate: printed
V5 and all docs: found
Breakdown cover: needs sorting
Sanef tag: replaced (old one had a flat battery)
Gin: ordered
A gross of fresh pants: ordered

So, er. Kind of progress.

I'd say you were good to go!!

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
I'd say you were good to go!!

Well, I certainly could go. After a good drive home late from Northants on Saturday night my car is now the final resting place of a million squished bugs. Whilst I can be fairly sure I'll replenish them, I'd like to at least start fly-free. Those baked on little sods will need a good soak in snow foam and warm water to loosen their tight bond to my paintwork!

GeoffCapes

Well, I certainly could go. After a good drive home late from Northants on Saturday night my car is now the final resting place of a million squished bugs. Whilst I can be fairly sure I'll replenish them, I'd like to at least start fly-free. Those baked on little sods will need a good soak in snow foam and warm water to loosen their tight bond to my paintwork!

They'll all be back by the time you get on the ferry in Portsmouth!

Mr S

My car is still at Christian Lewis after 2 weeks, and also waiting for my forum X pipe to arrive, as well as having cruise control to fit before hand. Things are getting a little tight time wise, but we shall see. Excited for sure

conaero

Forum Owner
Well, just been to the supermarket for some boot prep, I am sure most of you will recognise the contents:

1L Bombay Saphire
1L Smirnoff
20 cans of Red Bull substitute
12 cans of descent tonic
Immodium
Baby wipes (if the Immonium fails)
Toothpaste
Gaviscon
Paracetamol

jamesc69

1 week to go and sodding drivers window regulator given up. Window stuck half way. motor whirling. Suspect stripped gear in the motor. Autoshield confirmed. Superb service, dropped car off unannounced at 8.30am, then call from Mario at 11.00am job done.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Well, just been to the supermarket for some boot prep, I am sure most of you will recognise the contents:

1L Bombay Saphire
1L Smirnoff
20 cans of Red Bull substitute
12 cans of descent tonic
Immodium
Baby wipes (if the Immonium fails)
Toothpaste
Gaviscon
Paracetamol

What about the puncture repair kit for recreational inflatables..?