X pipe blowing

jamesbilluk

Hi all,

I got my Larini X pipe fitted recently, Love the sound, but it seems to be blowing from the seals, on a cold start, you can see liquid coming from the seals, and smell it in the cabin.

Has anyone who has the x pipe had trouble with the clips or getting it to fit the car properly?

James.

conaero

Forum Owner
Needs Exhaust assemble compound fitting, as Athol says, take it back and get them to do it again.

SJX

Mine was the same, the supplied clips from larini were quite feeble so beefier ones were fitted together with a little sealer. It's fully sealed now but I do still get the little pools underneath which sounds contradictory. Mine is genuine larini and although very well made was slightly different in length to original fitting which didn't help.

jamesbilluk

Thanks guys :) Ive given them a bell, they're going to call when they have a ramp free to they can have a look. When they were installing it they said the fit wasn't great, and that they've had problems before with them sealing.

JonW

Thanks guys :) Ive given them a bell, they're going to call when they have a ramp free to they can have a look. When they were installing it they said the fit wasn't great, and that they've had problems before with them sealing.

Sorry to hear this James. My x-pipe is a Larini, and has been fine, with no leaks or blows... I'm starting to think my exhaust tips have moved ever so slightly, as they not completely central to the gaps in the rear number anymore, but only ever so slightly, and only if I really stare at them!

jamesbilluk

All sorted now, the company who fitted it, had it back in free of charge to fit some sealant and tighten the clamps. All is good now, sounds even better now no air is escaping from the center! They did say the pips is a very bad fit though, quite a bit larger than the pipes that are there already.

Massa in Perth

All sorted now, the company who fitted it, had it back in free of charge to fit some sealant and tighten the clamps. All is good now, sounds even better now no air is escaping from the center! They did say the pips is a very bad fit though, quite a bit larger than the pipes that are there already.

You'd expect better given the cost!

Mr.Cambio

Sealing and smelling will take some days. See how it goes and then get it to the engineer. Sounds ok to me.