Grancabrio footwell trim fitting

Bmc

Hi,
I've managed to dislodge a small piece of carpet covered trim just to the right of the accelerator pedal. I'm hoping someone can tell me if there is a technique to getting it back in place. You can see from photos that it is a rigid plastic section with three white posts sticking out. The posts look like they must locate on three black plastic fittings on the side of the foot well. Having tried unsuccessfully to slide the trim back into place, I'm wondering whether I'm attempting the impossible and I need to pull the black pins out, attach them to the posts, and then push the whole piece back into place. If anyone has had to do this, I'd really appreciate some advice on the correct technique. Thanks in advance.

Footwell 3.jpg
Footwell 1.jpg
Footwell 2.jpg

O37

Hi,

Happened to me a few weeks ago, looking at the parts it was clear that its needs to slide to slot over the bonnet catch, but seemed difficult to achieve.

I carefully removed two of the black male alignment plugs, (seen in place on image one), I left the lower one nearest the catch in place, ensure you leave the white retainers in place on the bodywork.

Will need to prise them out carefully with flat pliers around both sides as they may damage.

I slotted the two loose black alignment plugs/clips into the white retainers ON the loose panel seen in image 2.

Carefully slide panel back to clear bonnet catch first whilst looking from the top check alignment of the remaining clip, ensure the two black clips in the panel are then aligned to the white retainers (holes).

Begin then to push towards the bodywork and it should pop in.

Be carefully that the bonnet catch is not caught.

Hope that helps, can only suggest that you take your time and double check before you push to hard, these Maserati's can be delicate :)

Take the above instructions at your own risk, yet it worked for me but few weeks back so exact procedure may vary slightly.

Bmc

Hi,

Happened to me a few weeks ago, looking at the parts it was clear that its needs to slide to slot over the bonnet catch, but seemed difficult to achieve.

I carefully removed two of the black male alignment plugs, (seen in place on image one), I left the lower one nearest the catch in place, ensure you leave the white retainers in place on the bodywork.

Will need to prise them out carefully with flat pliers around both sides as they may damage.

I slotted the two loose black alignment plugs/clips into the white retainers ON the loose panel seen in image 2.

Carefully slide panel back to clear bonnet catch first whilst looking from the top check alignment of the remaining clip, ensure the two black clips in the panel are then aligned to the white retainers (holes).

Begin then to push towards the bodywork and it should pop in.

Be carefully that the bonnet catch is not caught.

Hope that helps, can only suggest that you take your time and double check before you push to hard, these Maserati's can be delicate :)

Take the above instructions at your own risk, yet it worked for me but few weeks back so exact procedure may vary slightly.

Thanks for the advice. I hadn't wanted to risk taking the black pins out if it could be done without. Good idea to leave one in place and help with aligning the other two. I'll give it a go.