Knee Op!

alfatwo

In at the Meriden in Coventry on Friday for a Symbios right knee replacement, so any tips gents?

I don't plan to be out of action for long, lost 3 kilo's and lots of resistant training on the legs

As I've been invited to share a race car in Portugal in December, do you think I'll make it!

Dave

highlander

Just don't let them fit a maser wishbone as a replacement, you'll be back in for another in 30k miles!
Good luck with the op and rehab mate.

Vampyrebat

My father had his done a year ago and all is good now, just make sure you keep up with the Physiotherapists post op exercises and you should be good to go!

DrNic

The single most important thing (after choosing your surgeon - implant choice is almost irrelevant!) is to engage with your rehab fully from the moment you wake up (or can move your legs if you've had a spinal). The first few weeks you may wonder why you had it done but it gets better. Remember it's not a quick fix, but a long term game. Most people by 3 to 6 months are pretty much over it but can take up to 1 year in a few cases.
December race? May be a little early bearing in mind it's your "active" leg (accelerator/brake).
See how you go at 6 weeks post op then decide :)

Nic

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

RSM Masser

When you wake up and the quack says
"Now then, your left knee.... it's a very nice left knee.....normally I wouldn't mention it, but today it's important I do, I am not being personal and I have nothing against your left knee.

Trouble is - neither do you"

Phil the Brit

The single most important thing (after choosing your surgeon - implant choice is almost irrelevant!) is to engage with your rehab fully from the moment you wake up (or can move your legs if you've had a spinal). The first few weeks you may wonder why you had it done but it gets better. Remember it's not a quick fix, but a long term game. Most people by 3 to 6 months are pretty much over it but can take up to 1 year in a few cases.
December race? May be a little early bearing in mind it's your "active" leg (accelerator/brake).
See how you go at 6 weeks post op then decide :)

Nic

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Great advice, the first morning after the op is a *******. Get rehab on it ASAP

Caldy999

Those of a squeamish nature, look away now!

:
:
:
:

As a recipient of a bilateral TKR, I fully endorse the post-op Physio effort. I actually found the work that I did pre-op, mainly cycling, helped a great deal.
From this .....
5C0C3768-DE1A-4239-8026-7D7642E1977C.jpg
To this.....
32432FD3-D53B-47C9-A050-015B4D8BFE59.jpg
and hitting golf balls within 6 weeks - good luck, best thing I ever did and only wish I'd had it done earlier. Good luck with recovery.

Vampyrebat

When you wake up and the quack says
"Now then, your left knee.... it's a very nice left knee.....normally I wouldn't mention it, but today it's important I do, I am not being personal and I have nothing against your left knee.

Trouble is - neither do you"

Hahaha!...............I love a bit of Pete & Dud:smile:

Navcorr

Thanks for all the info guys, I'll let you know how I get on next week

Dave

You asked a while ago if I did the disco thang way back when - keep that in mind and hope you get to boogie on down in the not too distant.
:dance4:

Evo Cymru

All the best with the op - I'll be due mine in a few years - key message seems to be learn to love swimming if you want a quick recovery and to keep it going for as long as possible!