Must resist....

rockits

I'm sure these QF things are great cars but if I had 57k it wouldn't be buying one of these. Another car far too fast for the road and I don't see the point. I can see why some would buy. I haven't driven one although I haven't really got a bee in my bonnet to drive one.

Andyk

It's a great car this.....giant killer but tend to agree...My 57k would go else where I think....but when they get down to 35kish then that's a different story.......Iain like you if I was having one it would have to have the carbon seats as the standard ones don't look like a 57k car but not many spec those seats which is a shame.

allandwf

I love Alfas, have had loads and have three at the moment. Is it just me, but I find those ugly, front end appears far too blunt, almost pug like. There's no doubting the performance, but Alfas were usually nice to look at.

alfatan

I agree a little on the looks the front looks very abrupt, I like the grill though. The flank is quite germanic in my opinion. I like the rear, think its neat. I've seen a few Giulia's on the road, they do stand out mind...maybe I will warm to them. Not sure they have the front end presence that the 939's have, those three headlamps just make it stand out from the crowd.

MrMickS

I do like them. Saw quite a few on our travels, and there is a QF at work, they grow on you. I agree that the 939 does have a more distinctive front. It still looks good now.

I'd want to know why they are shipping it on given they can't have had it that long. There are reports of some troublesome ones.

bigbob

I love Alfas, have had loads and have three at the moment. Is it just me, but I find those ugly, front end appears far too blunt, almost pug like. There's no doubting the performance, but Alfas were usually nice to look at.

Most modern cars have some element of unresolved design and the Alfa is no worse/better IMHO. It's as if the car design industry is just trying too hard and the result is often an over complicated mess. Mercedes is particularly bad at the mo.

PS I wonder what the incremental production cost is of one of those over a bog standard one which they sell at half the price? Same speech with an M3 vs 318d.

outrun

Very well known, good quality dealership up here. The car is likely to be top notch.

That doesn't help, does it?

:)

GeoffCapes

I can see the appeal of the QF, however, for a car that costs that much I think the interior is very plasticy, and I don't like it one bit.

Not for me at that price.

outrun

I think the price is fine. Sure, it's a few quid but the old argument of what you could get instead is a bit like asking whether Messi is better than Pele. Or whether Lauda was better than Prost.

They seem to be holding value well - especially for an Alfa - and it's so much cooler than an M4 or c63s.

MrMickS

Most modern cars have some element of unresolved design and the Alfa is no worse/better IMHO. It's as if the car design industry is just trying too hard and the result is often an over complicated mess. Mercedes is particularly bad at the mo.

PS I wonder what the incremental production cost is of one of those over a bog standard one which they sell at half the price? Same speech with an M3 vs 318d.

Interesting question. Is the price they are charging based on the cost to build or is it based on what they think the market will bear. I did notice that the initially announced Euro cost (75,000) was the same as a 4C Spider. That would seem to imply its the latter. If they can sell them at that price, and are making more profit, then fair enough.

iainw

I think the price is fine. Sure, it's a few quid but the old argument of what you could get instead is a bit like asking whether Messi is better than Pele. Or whether Lauda was better than Prost.

They seem to be holding value well - especially for an Alfa - and it's so much cooler than an M4 or c63s.

Totally agree. I like the front . Looks like a pit bull. Ready to rip the throat out of an M3.
For those who thInk it's overpriced- what are your thoughts on the Ghibli S?

iainw

Interesting question. Is the price they are charging based on the cost to build or is it based on what they think the market will bear. I did notice that the initially announced Euro cost (75,000) was the same as a 4C Spider. That would seem to imply its the latter. If they can sell them at that price, and are making more profit, then fair enough.

Agree Mick