Set of 20" winter tyres for sale

JonW

All,

I've got four Michelin Pilot Alpin winter tyres that I am looking to sell. The tyres have only been used for a few months, and would fit either a Granturismo S or a Stradale (fronts are 245/35/20, and the rears are 285/35/20).

For the observant, these are the tyres that w5pwr had on his spare set of Strad wheels, which I've just bought. However, I already have a full set of Pirelli SottoZeros, so the tyres are surplus to requirement.

http://www.sportsmaserati.com/showt...k-MC-Stradale-Wheels-fitted-with-winter-tyres

I haven't really got a clue what the tyres are worth 2nd hand so I'm intending to stick them on eBay and see what they sell for, but thought I'd also post them on here to see if anyone's interested.

JonW

Quick update / request for some advice please?

I've done a bit of research today on the Michelin Pilot Alpin winter tyres and, based on a trawl of various different websites, it looks like the current retail price for a set of 4 new tyres is roughly £1100-1200. This depends a bit on exactly which version of the tyres they are, which I won't know for definite until Sunday when I pick them up.

However, I'd really like to get the Strad wheels put onto my car before it goes in for its detail and ceramic protection in the middle of October, so I'm trying to work out what would be a fair price for a quick sale. I know that if I needed to I could just store the tyres, but my question for the forum is what do you think would be a good price for a set of tyres which are less than 12 months old and that have only done <1000 miles.

Any thoughts?

Ewan

I wouldn't normally be interested in used tyres, but I don't have any winter tyres and like the thought of using my GTS occasionally but safely over the colder/wetter months. So if you have a price in mind, let me know. PM me if you wish.