Does anyone own a new QP?

Wattie

Hello Gents,

Would any new model QP owners be happy to give me their views/experiences on their car.....and some images.

If any owned the previous QP a little comparison of the pro's /cons of the 2 would be appreciated too.

Grateful for any assistance

Cheers Wattie

conaero

Forum Owner
You need to speak to Mike, he's here with us in Lloret de Mar and I'll ask him to reply.

Sat in his and it's a lovely place to be. It has the Fcali 3.8TT in it and a bit of an animal by all accounts.

D Walker

There is a very nice one on PH at the moment for £49k, 510 bhp of loveliness, huge thing tho!!

MrPea

I had a decent drive of the QP GTS earlier this year. It was hilarious when the dealership intentionally parked it next to my Spyder - the wheelbase of the QP VI is the length of my car! Happy to elaborate on my thoughts, but in brief:
- A LOVELY place to be!
- Serene and pliant when you want it to be
- Absolute beast and impressively engaging drive and handling given its size when you hit "sport"
- Only problem for me was the offset pedals to the right so you can't left foot brake without seriously putting your hips out (I was in quite a bit of pain for the rest of the day because I'd been left foot braking with a pedal too far over)

Quick summary - Amazing car, but huge!

bigbob

Petrol wise I have only driven the S QPVI and that was deeply impressive. I really like skyhook and that is standard on the QP unlike on the Ghibli. Personal choice on the latter mind.

I fully agree with MrPea on the pedals and I struggle with all Turin built Maseratis' (not a fault of where they are built, just an easy way to refer to them) in that the RHD conversion restricts left leg space. If it doesn't bother you on a drive then you won't know what I talking about so ignore. Again personal but if you have ever driven a RHD B8 Audi A4/A5 and have left lower back pain then you will understand. Less of a problem on an auto than a manual mind.

iainw

I doubt it will go that much lower anytime soon. Its a really lovely car with a great spec. That price must be wrong though for a 2015 - or are the prices really that mileage sensitive...