Stradale Rear Tyres

FF1078

I've noticed that the tyres I have purchased are speed rating 'Y' 186mph

Does that mean I'll only be able to go up 186MPH and not unleash the full potential of the Strad?:laugh:

outrun

I've noticed that the tyres I have purchased are speed rating 'Y' 186mph

Does that mean I'll only be able to go up 186MPH and not unleash the full potential of the Strad?:laugh:

Think you can go above 186mph but you wouldn't be insured if a tyre went as it's above rating. I suspect that the lack of insurance in that event may be the least of your primary concerns !!

montravia

Who on earth fitted those. I was under the impression that it was illegal to fit tyres that aren't rated for the top speed. I'll stand corrected but

azapa

Flogging a dead horse it may be, but: my rear Corsas are toast. 295/35 R20. Main dealer says Pirelli has no Corsa's left in that size. Recommendations? The corsas up front are fine and I'm too tight to change them for nothing other than matching sidewall text.

Rex B

Michelin list the pilot sport 4 sport for the stradale and these have received good reviews from motoring press. I have them on my 3200 and l am impressed with dry and wet weather performance.

Rex B

outrun

Azapa, you know my thoughts on this. As Rex said, Michelin PS4 or Pilot Super Sports. I chose K2 Ferrari tread which is close enough to Maserati to appease my OCD. They **** all over the Corsas.

Ewan

As ever, if you generally drive in the dry, stick with factory approved Italian option (Pirelli). But if you drive in the wet more, go French (Michelin). If you need to use the car in the cold weather, you need winters. And if you can afford a Strad, you can afford more than one set of tyres, so don't be shy of having the right wheels/tyres for the tight time of year.

azapa

Much appreciated advice, thanks.

On calling the main Pirelli distributor, as soon as I mentioned Corsa, no size, nothing else, the guy asked "you have a Maserati? According to him they are the only cars that factory fit them here. Not sure if he’s right, and only 6 or so stradales in this part of the world. But, I was impressed. He only had regular PZeros, which, according to him, were 50% harder compound than Corsas.

Given that last weekend, on a fast 3rd gear, shallow curve, dry, uphill, 25C, the back tried to overtake the front on me, I'm worried to try anything less sticky.

I might try to import them from the US should nothing appear locally. Ah, and no rain here for 9 months a year..

FF1078

I had the Michelin fitted.
Drove to London from York and back to scrub them off and now the Strad has gone into hibernation so cant comment until spring as to whether I get better feel or traction.

As to no rain for 9 months, we'd be on our knees here in UK if that happened.If we have no rain for 2 months we get a hose pipe ban!

outrun

Much appreciated advice, thanks.

On calling the main Pirelli distributor, as soon as I mentioned Corsa, no size, nothing else, the guy asked "you have a Maserati? According to him they are the only cars that factory fit them here. Not sure if he’s right, and only 6 or so stradales in this part of the world. But, I was impressed. He only had regular PZeros, which, according to him, were 50% harder compound than Corsas.

Given that last weekend, on a fast 3rd gear, shallow curve, dry, uphill, 25C, the back tried to overtake the front on me, I'm worried to try anything less sticky.

I might try to import them from the US should nothing appear locally. Ah, and no rain here for 9 months a year..

If you must use Corsa, look for the AMP (Aston Martin) ones. Most of the UK cars have these fitted as the MGT ones are near impossible to find.

FF1078

If you must use Corsa, look for the AMP (Aston Martin) ones. Most of the UK cars have these fitted as the MGT ones are near impossible to find.

Yes mine has AMP fitted to the front which must have been factory fitted.
MGT at the rear before I went to Michelin

FF1078

AMP on the side wall. I'm not at home so cant check but I think it's near the size lettering