Electronic Managed F1 relay - Liqui Moly LM1127 oil for F1

azapa

This was on the "other" forum and looks very interesting. I love this kinda stuff.

https://www.scuding.com/Shop/en/ecu-solutions/101-smart-emt-relay-ecu.html

Also, very interesting the section on F1 oils at the bottom of same page, recommending Liqui Moly Central Hydraulic System Oil - LM1127, which is 20% of the price of the tutela stuff that I have seen.

I may have got something wrong somewhere, but has anyone tried the LM1127 in a MC Shift or Stradale?

Michael

That looks very clever. Would it make the F1 type gearbox easier to live with? Or is it 'just' a better solution to protect the car?

CatmanV2

That looks very clever. Would it make the F1 type gearbox easier to live with? Or is it 'just' a better solution to protect the car?

The F1 gearbox is very easy to live with as it is. Might save you burning out your pump, though and acting as an early flag for issues.

C

azapa

It seems that very few have actually had a F1 fluid change as a regular service item? Maybe only with a new clutch?

The same 'box shows it needs frequent changes when installed in Ferrari

599 maintenance schedule[1]-1.jpg

jluis

It's a good idea but 280€ for what is essentially a high current transistor seems a bit expensive to me.
On the other hand, it's a specialty item where the setup costs have to be paid by a relatively small amount of sales ...

adam01

It's a good idea but 280€ for what is essentially a high current transistor seems a bit expensive to me.
On the other hand, it's a specialty item where the setup costs have to be paid by a relatively small amount of sales ...
Apart from the protection of the pump, many of the buyers comments related to smoother/quicker shifts which is in itself interesting

There also is a neat diagnostic feature

Lots of feedback and videos on the various media platforms

Worth considering IMO