Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Gransport 20995

Quote Originally Posted by D Walker View Post
    I agree actually - you only have to look at PH & AT to see the llack of turn over/length of time the current crop of GS have been up for sale. The punters (other than us) are few and far in between.
    The current crop are a mixture, 2 or 3 overpriced or poor cars that are sticking. The rest have been advertised for less than a month.
    Maserati sourcing and sales

Prices for good cars have been consistent for about 10 years. The last couple of years has seen small increases. The only inconsistencies in prices are when someone is trying to shift a bad car and prices it too high; or a high miles good car for too much money. Roughly speaking, prices of inspected full leather cars in good colour combos with full history and warranty are as follows:

Sub 20k Miles >£40k
    Circa 30k miles £35k
    Circa 40k miles £32k
    Circa 50k miles £30k
    Circa 60k miles £27k
    Circa 75k miles £24k

Cars with tech cloth are usually around £2-3k cheaper. Poor Cars requiring work; anything down to about £17k which is the cheapest I’ve ever heard of a GS selling for. That’s why I disagree with £12995. These prices will always differ a little depending on clutch, service due etc.
    Maserati sourcing and sales

I was about to post similar lines to RG.

So many of these cars are poorly maintained which results in them sticking around.

The brand still suffers from a perception of poor rreliability and consequently people will steer away from cars without a good history and clutch etc.

Not many will want to buy a project car at 25k
    Peter
    06 Gransport LE - Nero Carbonio & Black
    05 4200 CC face lift - Gerigio Alfieri & Tan - Sold; Now lives in France
    03 4200 CC revised - Sebring Blue & Gray - Sold; Now regularly used as a TV car.

Quote Originally Posted by ofenomeno99 View Post
    I'm talking about the general market, who probably wouldn't know the difference between a 3200, Coupe and a GS. When I was selling my GS a person that used to own a 3200 came to see it and thought it was the exact same car but with newer (worse to him) rear lights and an F1 transmission. I'm lucky enough to have been exposed to absolute motor heads that breath and live exotic cars but I have never come across anyone that thought "my dream car is a GS or a Coupe." They're not popular cars and this is probably a very big reason we love them so much, because speaking for my self, I like things that aren't popular and are different and quirky.

My point being, we know what a GS is, we value them highly, we appreciate them, as owners we want them to appreciate in price and be appreciated but the truth is, we would pay a premium for them, but most people outside of sportsmaserati.com would find it very hard to even pay £18,995 for a GS, whether it's this one or any other GS.

People dream of Porsche's, Ferrari's, Lamborghini's etc. but not a Maserati Coupe or a Maserati GS (except for us )

I love your GS btw, had a Rosso Mondial but with a tan interior.

No offence taken, just bemused.

I would say myself that I didn't dream of owning a Maserati from childhood, I think every child dreams of a current crop unobtainable super car, not a 10-15 yr old one regardless of what it is, most non owners probably have zero knowledge of actual models of ferrari, lambo, porsche either.

However for me it was one of the realistic options of a performance car, 20K was enough for a 3rd car / toy. Big mortgage, school fees etc etc limit toy funds some what...Porsches too many grenading engines according to internet, the others way too much ££££££

I also bought it for me, not for what other people might think of me for owning it - if that makes sense.

Anyway i'm very happy with my quirky, old, over valued motor!
    2005 GranSport

2009 BMW 520d
    2002 Audi A3 1.6

2011 Benelli Tornado
    2001 Yamaha WR426

Quote Originally Posted by Gp79 View Post
    No offence taken, just bemused.

I would say myself that I didn't dream of owning a Maserati from childhood, I think every child dreams of a current crop unobtainable super car, not a 10-15 yr old one regardless of what it is, most non owners probably have zero knowledge of actual models of ferrari, lambo, porsche either.

However for me it was one of the realistic options of a performance car, 20K was enough for a 3rd car / toy. Big mortgage, school fees etc etc limit toy funds some what...Porsches too many grenading engines according to internet, the others way too much ££££££

I also bought it for me, not for what other people might think of me for owning it - if that makes sense.

Anyway i'm very happy with my quirky, old, over valued motor!
    I agree with pretty much all if this & you seem to have been and am in the same boat as me.

I don't really care too much what other people think of me, what I do or how I do it to an extent. I do it for me & my reasons & the right reasons so that is all that matters. I also don't really care what the market thinks of values either to an extent. I keep a watchful eye on other people's thoughts & market values to make sure I'm partially aligned for various reasons but it is not the be all & end all.

For me the type of cars I have bought & the money I have paid for them made sense to me at that time of desire & decision. I don't really care too much what happened before as that is history & I can't change that. Or by the same token I don't care what happens so much in the future as I can't predict that so can't use either. All I can use is the now & today.

I don't think Maser's are under or over valued....they are what they are....buy one or don't. All I know is that they are cracking cars to own & appreciate & there isn't much around like it for similar monies.
    2007 Maserati QP V Executive GT ZF Auto - Blu Nettuno
    2007 Maserati 4200 CC - Grigio Nuvolari
    2006 Volvo XC90 4.4 V8 SE LUX Auto - Dark Blue Metallic
    2011 Land Rover Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto - Metallic Grey
    2005 Alfa GT 3.2 V6 Busso Manual - Black
    1999 Mercedes SL500 Auto - Black
    1998 Peugeot 306 GTi-6 Manual - Silver

Now Gone: 2003 Maserati 4200/GS Hybrid Manual; 2011 Jaguar XJ; 2013 Focus ST-3, 2005 E55K 7 Seater Estate, 2005 E60 M5 V10, 1997 R129 SL60 AMG, 2003 R230 SL55 AMG, 2005 987 Boxster 3.2S Manual

Quote Originally Posted by dickygrace View Post
    The current crop are a mixture, 2 or 3 overpriced or poor cars that are sticking. The rest have been advertised for less than a month.
    Beg to differ, of the 7 on PH at least 5 have been more than a month.
    In between Maserati's!!!!

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dickygrace View Post
    Beg to differ, of the 7 on PH at least 5 have been more than a month.

Dave

Didn't know you were still looking Dave. Thought you were Porsche bound. Or are you back on a Maser hunt, possibly for a GS?
    Ewan

Current Maserati - QP Sport GTS, GranSport MC Victory, GranTurismo-S MC Sport Line
    Previous Maserati - Khamsin, Shamal, Ghibli II, Ghibli Cup (x2), QP IV Evo (x3), 3200 (x2), 4200 Spyder (x2), QP V (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Ewan View Post
    Didn't know you were still looking Dave. Thought you were Porsche bound. Or are you back on a Maser hunt, possibly for a GS?
    Keep looking to the other side Ewan but as Benny would say, no nut sack tingle, Mav's was a nice place to be, but I think I need more tourer than sports, keep looking, if something comes up in the right colour/spec then so be it.

Dave

QP then......perfect sports tourer
    2007 Maserati QP V Executive GT ZF Auto - Blu Nettuno
    2007 Maserati 4200 CC - Grigio Nuvolari
    2006 Volvo XC90 4.4 V8 SE LUX Auto - Dark Blue Metallic
    2011 Land Rover Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto - Metallic Grey
    2005 Alfa GT 3.2 V6 Busso Manual - Black
    1999 Mercedes SL500 Auto - Black
    1998 Peugeot 306 GTi-6 Manual - Silver

Now Gone: 2003 Maserati 4200/GS Hybrid Manual; 2011 Jaguar XJ; 2013 Focus ST-3, 2005 E55K 7 Seater Estate, 2005 E60 M5 V10, 1997 R129 SL60 AMG, 2003 R230 SL55 AMG, 2005 987 Boxster 3.2S Manual

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast