Rocker gasket lifespan

maseratimike7

Just looking to see what the average lifespan is on these once they have been replaced.

When I was searching for the issues effecting the car from starting I noticed that the block was covered in oil and now driving the car again I can smell it when it's burning off.

When I bought the car just under 2 years ago I booked it into a main dealer to have a number of things fixed under the warranty I negotiated with the car, rocker gasket leak was one of the items.

Safe to say I don't think they have rectified many of the items on the list!

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

maseratimike7

Did mine 2 yrs ago and no leaks yet...

DIY better than MD???
Doesn't look like they have done the work which they invoiced for as I noticed a number of other items not done.

Wonder if I have any comeback on them?

voicey

If it's leaking from the front corner then they probably didn't put any sealant where the front cover meets the head.

maseratimike7

If it's leaking from the front corner then they probably didn't put any sealant where the front cover meets the head.
It's from the front corner, rear corner and complete side which is why I don't think it's been changed.

alfatwo

Good old school Wellseal is perfect for rocker cover sealing, bit messy and time consuming but even the latest silicone sealants don't come close!

Dave

maseratimike7

Good old school Wellseal is perfect for rocker cover sealing, bit messy and time consuming but even the latest silicone sealants don't come close!

Dave
Thanks Dave, I will get some when I do the DIY!