Private number plate - looking for options

JonW

I've decided to switch the number plate on my Granturismo onto my Mini, and am looking for ideas or suggestions for what I should put on my Granturismo.

I know I can get something else with my initials in, but would prefer something car specific. As such, I've looked at various options with GTS in the number, or with MAS. However, none of the options I've seen are grabbing me.

I'd really like a plate starting with V8, and I'm wondering if any of here are sitting on a plate they no longer need, or if anyone has any creative ideas...

BigR

I have a 'stealth' one: My inititials, the year and then MAS - XX14MAS (I'm called Xavier Xylophone in real life). Only £399. I looked for V8 derivatives but couldn't find anything good or vaguely reasonably priced.

CatmanV2

I have a 'stealth' one: My inititials, the year and then MAS - XX14MAS (I'm called Xavier Xylophone in real life). Only £399. I looked for V8 derivatives but couldn't find anything good or vaguely reasonably priced.

Mrs Catman and I have similar. XX 05 MAS and XX 05 ALF (She has an Alfa)

I think mine was £250 and hers £350

C

midlifecrisis

MY03MAS cost £500 but looks really good on the car and well worth it. I blame Sommi as he put MY04MAS on Enzo's old QP. I have seen MY02MAS too, on a Maserati obviously...Maybe we should have a meet up...

JonW

MY03MAS cost £500 but looks really good on the car and well worth it. I blame Sommi as he put MY04MAS on Enzo's old QP. I have seen MY02MAS too, on a Maserati obviously...Maybe we should have a meet up...

I was toying with MY12 MAS for the Granturismo or MY06 MCS for the Mini (Mini Cooper Sport). What I would really like is R53 MCS, but that doesn't seem to have been issued.

bigbob

All depends what you want the plate to do for you long term. Some cheap ones will be specific to the car/engine size etc so will have little value to you on another car and can look silly (M3 XXX plate on a Maser for example?). Other cheap ones will be too specific to you and will be worth zip on resale.

On the other hand short dateless plates of 3 to 6 characters are a good store of value, look great and can be sold on in time albeit all plates are illiquid but probably no more than a Maserati!

GeoffCapes

I used to own MA55SSR but was persuaded to sell it for 2 grand when it was offered.

Only paid 300 quid so you can see the attraction.

I bought AM17SER Or A MASER with a well placed screw.
Always on the look out for other that might be worth a few quid.

GeoffCapes

I used to own MA55SSR but was persuaded to sell it for 2 grand when it was offered.

Only paid 300 quid so you can see the attraction.

I bought AM17SER Or A MASER with a well placed screw.
Always on the look out for other that might be worth a few quid.

MarkMas

Chief pedant
I used to work for a company call Dynix, and I saw that both X1NYD and D1NYX were both available for about £500. I nearly bought one, and it was lucky that I didn't because we were taken over a couple of months ago later and I got fired!

The only personalised numbers I have had were N555RAC on my Subaru Imprezza, which got some appreciation in Wales, and R7OTS on my Volvo V70 T5R, which everyone thought read Riots.

Last edited:

D Walker

V8 MSR is registered to ..........How sad!!!
Vehicle
LAND ROVER RANGE ROVER SPORT
First MOT due
28 March 2020

Registration
V8MSR

casadalloro

I got MC51 MAS (mark carson, though a few years short of 51)!! from dvla for £250 inc transfer... didnt want to spend a lot on it.... what about a dateless N Ireland MAZ plate from dvla or they used to be sold through wilsons auctions just outside Belfast...

dem maser

Friend of mine owns 1AM and 2,3 AM if anyone wants them.....Aston has offered him 1M and he has turned it down