T h white / handy motorsport btcc reveal

lisknik

7b017132-e156-4fd1-9079-d1da224d062e.jpg

Copied from T H White, got my free ticket sorted for the 1.30 pm slot, should be a interesting day. Nick :)

'On Saturday 23rd of September, T H WHITE have the pleasure of revealing the mock up of the new 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulietta BTCC car with Handy Motorsport. This is the same road going car used in the ITV4 reveal at Rockingham wrapped in the teams current livery.

We will be joined by Rob Austin and members of the Handy Motorsport team to discuss the new car and next season!
On the day our special guest Tim Harvey will be hosting an interview with the team followed by a Q&A Session. (30-40 mins)

You will then have a chance to meet Rob and get a signed print by him. Maybe even a selfie with the car. We will also have sample drinks from Talent Drinks available. (20-30 mins)

This will be repeated 3 times in the day.
10:30 - 11:45 (Session 1)
12:00 - 13:15 (Session 2)
13:30 - 14:45 (Session 3)

The event will be FREE to attend but will be ticketed.
One ticket will give access for one car to the event but please bring multiple people. Please only book for one session as they will all be the same you do not need to attend all 3.

FAQs
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
We have parking on site for 60 cars that is why each time slot has 60 tickets availalbe. PLEASE ONLY TRAVEL IN ONE CAR per ticket. If you are traveling in multiple cars please leave them off site. There is parking in the industrial estate opposite our site or along the road near the dealership.

Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Yes, please bring your printed ticket or your ticket on smart phone. This will give you entry to the carpark on the day.

How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
T H WHITE can be contacted on 01793 680480 please ask for Jason Harris or email specialevent@thwhite.co.uk'

Ticket link - https://www.eventbrite.com/e/t-h-wh...tcc-reveal-tickets-37527029355?ref=ebtnebtckt

Andyk

Wonder why Rob is using the older Guiliette against the new Guilia. I know most BTCC seem to be hatchbacks these days but the Guiliette id getting a bit long in the tooth I would have thought the ker modern Saloon would be a better starting point. At least it looks better than his current Toyota. But then apart from the body the car has very little n common with the road car once the team have worked their magic. Interesting to see how it stacks up against the opposition. Love watching BTCC.

lisknik

Wonder why Rob is using the older Guiliette against the new Guilia. I know most BTCC seem to be hatchbacks these days but the Guiliette id getting a bit long in the tooth I would have thought the ker modern Saloon would be a better starting point. At least it looks better than his current Toyota. But then apart from the body the car has very little n common with the road car once the team have worked their magic. Interesting to see how it stacks up against the opposition. Love watching BTCC.

Did you see the first race yesterday Andy? Heck of crash! :(

Andyk

Yes I do Nick....It was a bit lively......Not much left of Roc Collards BMW.....Very entertaining racing been watching it for years and years. Will be good to have Alfa back and I do like Rob Austin. Saw him have his first win at Rockinha in an Audi a few years back.

lisknik

Yes I do Nick....It was a bit lively......Not much left of Roc Collards BMW.....Very entertaining racing been watching it for years and years. Will be good to have Alfa back and I do like Rob Austin. Saw him have his first win at Rockinha in an Audi a few years back.

So have I Andy,think it's one of the reasons I fell in love will Alfa, speaking of which, wonder if he will try and do a Tarquini -

[video=youtube;h-YRLrNpUT0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-YRLrNpUT0[/video]

safrane

Do BTCC use the same engine and gear box in all the makes of car now to reduce costs?

Team GCR

Do BTCC use the same engine and gear box in all the makes of car now to reduce costs?

Here are the regs, sort of but not exactly is the short answer!

"Teams have the option of running either TOCA’s unbranded NGTC-spec engine or, whether privateer or full manufacturer-backed entries, developing their own powerplant to the regulations, as long as it is from the same ‘family’ as their chosen model of car – all are 350+bhp 2-litre turbo-charged engines

An overview of the Technical Specifications are below:

Engine:

350+bhp 2-litre turbo-charged direct-injection engine with ‘fly by wire’ throttle control
Low cost to develop, build, buy and maintain – either by teams and/or race engine-builders developing their own, or through lease/purchase of the 2017 revised specification TOCA-BTCC Swindon prepared engine
Engine can be sourced from a manufacturer’s broad ‘family’ range, including subsidiary marques under their effective control
Common Owen Developments turbo charger and PWR intercooler to be used by all cars
Drivetrain:

Xtrac 6 speed sequential-shift gearbox and differential
AP Racing carbon clutch with steel cover (new for 2017)
Drive-train layout (i.e. front or rear wheel drive) as per base vehicle
4WD base car keep engine orientation as production which defines driven wheels"

Andyk

So have I Andy,think it's one of the reasons I fell in love will Alfa, speaking of which, wonder if he will try and do a Tarquini -

Great stuff Nick .... The 155 and the E30 M3 were my fav touring car racers.....DTM firm more than BTCC but still great.

lisknik

That was a good hour or so, they be very positive about being competitive next season... the car has actually been a two year project :)

IMG_3931.jpg
IMG_3930.jpg
IMG_3935.jpg
IMG_3936.jpg
IMG_3938.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3941.jpg
    IMG_3941.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 34

Corranga

To be honest Gab Tarq didn't have the best of luck at keeping the 155 on it's wheels....
When you said "do a Tarquini" I assumed you meant this:

[video=youtube;kY0XdaiU2BM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY0XdaiU2BM[/video]

Last edited:

lisknik

I think he is good enough at crashing as it is ;)

[video=youtube;hLlnG1N8i1U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLlnG1N8i1U[/video]