Bianco Fuji GS

So any idea in short what it needs?

Saw it had just had a service but understand it needs new clutch...

What else does it need?

Just trying to do a back of *** packet calc on cost to bring back to A1 and all anything outstanding level-set.

Stu

BuckRog64

Re the paintwork, painting the front PU the same shade as the rest of the car will be a good start.

Andyk

A member had a GTS in this colour and I'm sure he said it was really to match when needing paint done plus not cheap.

Moz1000

For those interested in this car, here is the PPI I had done by Emblem. Many minor items. Regarding the apparent shade difference between the front bumper and the bonnet, in real life it doesn't look as bad as in the photos. Emblem commented that this is common and due to the fact that the bonnet and wings are steel and the bumper plastic. You will see that the main items requiring work are the clutch and the A/C compressor which made a nasty noise when I drove the car. Be wary of the service just carried out as 4th year service items were due when I saw the car which would have made the service costly. Question to ask is who did the last service and were the 4th year items done. Hope this helps interested parties.

Moz

Dave,
Further to our earlier conversation please find listed below the pre-purchase inspection report for the Gransport (RX54 VMO):
Service history / Keys etc
1. No service book / service history in car recommend 31000 mile service + 2nd year fluids inc air con + 3rd year operation
2. Only 1 key present (no spare key in car)
3. Mot test due when
Mechanical report:
1. Air Con compressor noisy / pulley bearing has play
2. Clutch 71 % worn
3. Gearbox loom chaffed on subframe
4. Oil pressure gauge reading when ignition on
5. Handbrake high – holding ok. Recommnend inspection at service
6. Brake discs cross drillings blocked – clean out during service
7. 2 x BBS dust caps missing
8. Rattle from O/S of headlining
9. O/S window switch spring loose
10. N/S door internal lock button adrift
11. Interior lights in/op from N/S door
12. Glovebox light cover missing
13. Headlamp aim needs checking at service
14. Key button pad split
15. No radio reception
16. O/S door door check strap worn / clicking
17. Front number plate cracked / rear number plate delaminating
18. Airbags expired 10/2014
19. Seat easy entry needs resetting
20. Battery vent pipe not connected
21. Puncture repair fluid used / replacement required
22. O/S heated mirror in/op
23. O/S/F shock gaitor split – report only
24. Coolant level low – no signs of a leak
25. Oil weep from rear of cam covers
26. Touch up O/S/F wheel arch rear edge
27. Underbody waxoyl treatment would be a benefit
Cosmetic / trim report:
1. Wear to steering wheel leather
2. Car park dings to O/S/F wing top and N/S/F wing top
3. Touched in stone chip in middle of bonnet
4. Scratch under N/S side repeater and middle / rear of bonnet
5. Wheel bolts have surface corrosion
6. Nose badge corroded
7. O/S overmat split
8. Small split to O/S door seal
9. O/S door mirror gasket split
Compression test results:
1. Cylinder 1 – 11 bar
2. Cylinder 2 – 10.5 bar
3. Cylinder 3 – 11 bar
4. Cylinder 4 – 11 bar
5. Cylinder 5 – 10.5 bar
6. Cylinder 6 – 10 bar
7. Cylinder 7 – 10.5 bar
8. Cylinder 8 – 11 bar

philw696

I'm intrigued had any one with a car over 10 years had air bags replaced ?
Would hate to think how much they would cost ???

outrun

It happens with any colour that has yellow in it. Particularly bad with copper colours. If you've seen bianco fuji on a dull day, you'll know there is a slight yellow hue to the pearl blend. Actually, seeing it in that light was a great disappointment to me as I had loved the pictures of BF cars and didn't expect the colour to not be awesome. Given that it's always dull in Scotland (or so we let you lot believe), it would not be a good colour for us here.

allandwf

It happens with any colour that has yellow in it. Particularly bad with copper colours. If you've seen bianco fuji on a dull day, you'll know there is a slight yellow hue to the pearl blend. Actually, seeing it in that light was a great disappointment to me as I had loved the pictures of BF cars and didn't expect the colour to not be awesome. Given that it's always dull in Scotland (or so we let you lot believe), it would not be a good colour for us here.

Oh, you've talked me out of it now! ;)

GeoffCapes

Given that it's always dull in Scotland (or so we let you lot believe), it would not be a good colour for us here.

I was just about to disagree with you then, and then remembered that when I was in Glasgow a few months ago it was tipping it down.
When I went to Aberdeen the day after, it was bright and sunny.

But that might just be the radiation! :D

bigbob

I was just about to disagree with you then, and then remembered that when I was in Glasgow a few months ago it was tipping it down.
When I went to Aberdeen the day after, it was bright and sunny.

But that might just be the radiation! :D

I think it's perfectly fair to come to that conclusion on a sample size of 1....seriously the amount of variation of rain in Scotland is huge. Whilst the west is wetter it is a tad warmer which is the compensation.

outrun

I think it's perfectly fair to come to that conclusion on a sample size of 1....seriously the amount of variation of rain in Scotland is huge. Whilst the west is wetter it is a tad warmer which is the compensation.

Very gracious of you sir. It's wetter but nowhere near the wettest in the UK with Manchester and North Wales streets ahead (ok just a little ahead). We make up for the damp with our bright personalities.

bigbob

Very gracious of you sir. It's wetter but nowhere near the wettest in the UK with Manchester and North Wales streets ahead (ok just a little ahead). We make up for the damp with our bright personalities.

Had to give you a small bone.

There is so much data around weather that data junkies can be kept busy for hours. The rain map of the UK is interesting, click on rainfall:

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/climate

conaero

Forum Owner
Does it really matter now that it may have missed a service 8 years ago? I'd be more concerned in its recent history and current condition - and if that stacks up it might make a good buy at near to the new asking price.

Thats how I would look at it.

philw696

Has anyone actually had airbags renewed at the 10 years manufacturers recommended advice ?
I have only done them in accident damage or if faulty.
There must be millions out there well past there sell by date.