Jodie Kidd's Ghibli

Andyk

Yes it was 40k...Another thread some ŵhere on it. Good luck with the bidding.

Andyk

They were an option BB....Lots of them don't have them. Always thought that they should be standard...Don't know many companies that charge you extra.

bigbob

They were an option BB....Lots of them don't have them. Always thought that they should be standard...Don't know many companies that charge you extra.

I agree, strange that for a car to have all those mods they did not fit them. Mind Maserati has gone back to its old ways with the paddles on the modern cars in that they kick down whilst in manual mode, thankfully, not in all the gears now unlike on the 4.2 QPV and GT.

bigbob

He knows they're an option Andy. He's thinking that doing a mega build on a car with no paddles was a poor decision. Which I agree with.

Good luck bidding. You may need it.

Replied before I saw this, you know me too well..mind I don't like musicals.

conaero

Forum Owner
For a modified Trident it's not the worst I ve seen only issue I have is the 200mph claimed. It was on a rolling road with no wind resistance. Surely that doesn't emulate real world conditions or do they put drag on the rollers to emulate it?

Zep

I watched the program and the 220 mph on the rollers was a total cop out. On a very simplistic level the power needed for an increase in top speed is the cube of the speed increase So for a 35% increase in speed (it is a Ghibli not a Ghibli S) the power needed is 145%. So to hit 220mph you would need more than 880 bhp. I'm not sure they got that much unless it got a LOT more aerodynamic.

Also if you look at the dyno screen from the run it seems to be showing 92.83 bhp measured so they backed off the brake on the dyno and went for it. Also 4500 rpm is no where near peak power which is why it didn't pull it on the runway.
055c4e75d20a530b356ba3ef1459fac7.png

So no, it wouldn't do it 220 mph in the real world I would say...