2 Seat Stradale possibly for sale?

Arfa

So, I meet up with an old friend that I've not seen for a while. During the conversation he asks if I've still got my Maserati and then tells me that he's got one but he is selling it as he has bought a boat. " Oh yes" says I, not expecting much. Anyway the brief details he gave me were - 2012 2 Seater Stradale in "Gunmetal" Grey with carbon fibre seats etc and black wheels. Around 13,000 miles. I've asked him for full details, pictures history etc which I'll post up as soon as I get them. This car is not presently being advertised elsewhere. Unfortunately no price details as yet, but obviously this will come with the rest of the info. In the meantime anybody who may be interested, just drop me a PM.

conaero

Forum Owner
Do it!

Had loads of members yesterday at Ace comment how they must have one after seeing and hearing mine.

Its got very low mileage, but its a private sale and assume no warranty and at mates rates so I would say £63~65k is where it would be and depending upon how good mates you are.

Any cheaper and your nicking it off him.

Retail, that car with dealer services and warranty you would be adding £5k.

General consensus is the sub 30k mileage cars, the floor is £60k and has the potential to be the one that starts going back up again. 4 seaters, I don't know. They are not as rare and don't have the bonkers feel about them (why make such a large car 2 seater and stuff a roll cage in it????) but are pretty much the same car. The 4 seater is a little bit heavier but they boosted it another 10hp to compensate for it.

Only negative is the bloody tyres. Change the Pzero's they are truly woeful with the hardcore chassis and brakes.

If you want to retro fit the cage, watch this space, a special SM version group buy will appear in Spring 2018 and of course, be very affordable. It bolts in/bolts out and adds to the bonkersness :)

FA57GTA

Wow! Rare beast!! Best way to buy them too, yeah will be interested to know more as a good friend of mine was thinking about getting one.
Cheers tom

Ewan

Not sure I'd pay quite as much as that for a private sale. There are cars available from dealers for just over mid 60's, and the two low mileage 2 seaters (in black and in grey) have both been up for ages. They are not an easy sell at high 60's given that the 4 seater is newer and only slightly more.

Contigo

Sponsor
I'll keep the GTS for another 18 months and then hope the strad is in the low 50's range by then. As you say not an easy sell.....

azapa

They are a lovely kind of Bonkers!

Interested in the group buy on the cage: request - make a semi built version just requiring the cage to be welded and painted. Sort of an Ikea flat pack version. You will attract international buyers, like, well, me ;)

Andyk

Interesting prices on the two seater....Black and grey ones seem to hang around longer than the White....Apart from that white one with higher miles that has been up for an age.....I always though that 60k was as low as good ones would go and that they would stay between 60/70k for a number of years....but who knows what will happen. 2 seater is still the one that I think will go up in prices over time against the 4 though....Just a little more of an event if you know what I mean.

Ewan

I agree. In the long term, the 2 seater is the one. But right now, the value is falling. There are two high mileage white ones not selling at low sixties, as well as the darker two that aren't selling. Seem to recall Atholls car not selling either, despite Dickies best effort. There's no getting around it, sometimes selling a Maser ain't easy.

Ewan

I agree. In the long term, the 2 seater is the one. But right now, the value is falling. There are two high mileage white ones not selling at low sixties, as well as the darker two that aren't selling. Seem to recall Atholls car not selling either, despite Dickies best effort. There's no getting around it, sometimes selling a Maser ain't easy.

iainw

I am suprised the black and grey ones didn't sell fast. What is the problem do you think?
It's a lot of car for the money. Or are people thinking of spending a bit more and getting much faster cars?
I think at something beginning with a 6 strads are a great buy.

conaero

Forum Owner
Personally, as discussed at Ace at length yesterday, for me the darker colours don't show the lovely front grills and lights off.

I believe that is why the white ones sell well.

Of course, this is simply my opinion and many will disagree, all down to personal preference I suppose.

IMG_5113.JPG

IMG_5114.jpg

It's much the same at the back too.

allandwf

I think it's possibly a backlash against predominantly black cars, we saw it in the 90s when white was the new black.

rockits

I don't think I would have a black Strad but white doesn't suit my character either. I'd probably have a grey one myself.

D Walker

I don't think I would have a black Strad but white doesn't suit my character either. I'd probably have a grey one myself.

Me too, i'd take the grigio one at Yorkshire Vehicle Solutions, unfortunately my lottery wins this week total £34.70, so I have a little way to go......

FF1078

Have to agree that white shows off the lines, grille's, wheels and vents off so much better than the darker colours IMHO

20170506_150031[1].jpg