Thinking about this GT

jamesbilluk

Hi all,

I'm on the look out for a GT, and came across this one - http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...t_cars&sort=price-asc&postcode=dy149sb&page=1 I quite like the red contrasting dashboard (my current car has a red dashboard though....)

I'm waiting to hear from them regarding a PX on my current weekend car, Does this price seem ok for the car? Its a good 2 hours away from me, so will need to make sure its all good before i go to take a look

James.

Contigo

Sponsor
Mate that's a lot of car for not much money. Still amazes me how cheap the Masers are really for such a good car, truly one of the best kept motoring secrets out there and until you do it you won't realise that you should have done it much much sooner!

Check the discs and all suspension parts for wear and make sure it has decent tyres on preferably not Pirelli. These are heavy cars and will ride truly awful on worn/wrong tyres and with worn bushes or poor geometry so test it over some really uneven ground and on a good mix of A and B roads.

BigR

Lovely colour. Do it.

* notwithstanding that it's not my decision / my money / ... :)

jamesbilluk

Many thanks guys :) Does seem a lot of car for the money, many thanks for the advice too,

Keano, if your shure, that would be brilliant, thank you! :)

Safrane, seems rather tame compared with my current one... IMG_0981.jpg

Doohickey

Velociraptor
I think the price might be a little on the high side for that mileage but the interior is definitely Marmite IMHO. If you like it then you might be able to negotiate some more off the price as I think they will find it harder to sell.

safrane

Second car has been for sale for a while...it looks good value but I noticed the damage to the centre console.

jamesbilluk

Good spot with the mark on the second one, looking closer, the first one seems in better nick, even with the higher miles.

Andy, It always seems to come across much more red in photos, does seem a bit better in person..

Rwc13

I wouldn't let that minor centre console trim wear put you off what to me looks like the better car. It would be very easy and cheaply repairable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rockits

There is a nice QP GTS from a forum member currently up for sale for just under 25k I believe. Nice QP's can be had for 5-10k less than a GT as well which is the way I went. Depends if you want a Coupe with 2 doors or a sexy saloon with 4 doors. Both about the same size & weight believe it or not.

jamesbilluk

Good shout that, I shall have a look at that one, do like the look of the QP's, also the main reason for this is to have more space too.