Paint Code for my GT

Rwc13

Underside of the bonnet, near the back. At least that's where it was on mine

Contigo

Sponsor
53849d1435486328-maserati-gt-totalled-paint-paint-ruins-maserati.jpg

Fangio63

If thats "Blu Oceano"... It may not be quite as straightforward as you think.... Apparently there are 3 versions of it - and I don't think the paint code tells you which one ...

Very tricky to match.. and it taxed my paint man when I had some stone chips sorted a while ago... If you struggle I'll see what solution he found..

bigbob

If thats "Blu Oceano"... It may not be quite as straightforward as you think.... Apparently there are 3 versions of it - and I don't think the paint code tells you which one ...

Very tricky to match.. and it taxed my paint man when I had some stone chips sorted a while ago... If you struggle I'll see what solution he found..

Never knew that and that's the colour of mine too.

Fangio63

Never knew that and that's the colour of mine too.

Yep... quite a complex colour ... looks quite different depending on how the light catches it... theres a hint of red in it too (oddly enough)... When I did the deal on mine a few years ago I asked the dealer to refurb the front end as it was a bit chippy... They took the code off the bonnet label...

When it was done - It didn't match ! ... close .. but not perfect.. So I knocked them a bit and had it re-done by my a guy local to me... Tyrone at Riviera Auto Body in Burghfield - (does a lot of very high end stuff, quite keen on Singer Porsches...)...

Anyway - he immediately saw the issue ( I wasn't just being pedantic)... but it did take hime a few days to track down the correct code...The was a couple of years ago But he got it perfect - and it's even better now I've just had it detailed.....
I'm sure he'd remember it - and may well have a note of the correct code..

Fangio63

If it's just a little for "touching in" ... then I've got - in sealed- pots .. left overs from both jobs..

GeoffCapes

Yep... quite a complex colour ... looks quite different depending on how the light catches it... theres a hint of red in it too (oddly enough)... When I did the deal on mine a few years ago I asked the dealer to refurb the front end as it was a bit chippy... They took the code off the bonnet label...

When it was done - It didn't match ! ... close .. but not perfect.. So I knocked them a bit and had it re-done by my a guy local to me... Tyrone at Riviera Auto Body in Burghfield - (does a lot of very high end stuff, quite keen on Singer Porsches...)...

Anyway - he immediately saw the issue ( I wasn't just being pedantic)... but it did take hime a few days to track down the correct code...The was a couple of years ago But he got it perfect - and it's even better now I've just had it detailed.....
I'm sure he'd remember it - and may well have a note of the correct code..

Useful to know.

So if the code under the bonnet is not necessarily the correct code. Where do you get that from?

outrun

If the paint shop is decent they will have equipment that photographs the paint and computer mixes the precise colour. It's a £75k bit of kit so if they are a smaller outfit, they won't have it. Had to get this done on my BiTurbo which turned out to have the same red paint as a Nissan Micra!!

Fangio63

Which doesn't help. Obviously I want the code which is correct for my car. Especially when half the car is being painted!

I think the same code has been used for more than one version of the colour...perhaps some years apart.. I remember it being a real pain when I went through this, and I put myself in the hands of the experts..With... ultimately a perfect result... and I'm pretty sure he checked what was on the car rather than just rely on the code..

I'd recommend you have a chat with Tyrone at Riviera Autobody... Whilst it was a few years ago - I'm sure he'll remember what he did - and may well have a correct code and paint supplier he will share - All round pretty helpful bloke ... and well worth the trip if you decide to use him for the job..

you can get him here ..
Tyrone Fuller
01189 831147
07747 116204
info@rivieraautobody.co.uk